A FTSE listed Insurance business is looking to add a talented accountant to the team in readiness for the upcoming changes to IFRS reporting for insurance companies. The IFRS 17 accountant will be working alongside the Operational Readiness product owner and Head of Finance IFRS 17 Implementation to ensure that IFRS 17 is successfully embedded into existing finance processes as part of the project, before transitioning into a BAU role aligned to the reporting team structure.Key Responsibilities:
- Supporting Operational Readiness activities such as defining the working day timetable, target operating model and processes and controls.
- Supporting Application of the Standard activities such as defining proformas for IFRS 17 compliant financial statements and disclosures
- Developing the chart of accounts, ledger posting and IFRS 17 disclosures
- Assist in developing an IFRS 17 to GAAP reconciliation process
- Assist in developing KPI's and any other financial performance measures
- Becoming a key stakeholder in the Dry Run testing delivering comparative runs to the external auditors
- Aiding with the review and sign off of data landed ensuring it is compliant with IFRS 17.
- Aiding with the review and sign off of the output from the Technical Data Hub ensuring it is IFRS 17 compliant
This is an excellent opportunity for a newly qualified ACA who is looking for their first move out of practice. The role will give you exposure to several different divisions of the business and will help you gain an insight to how the whole finance function works. An understanding of IFRS reporting for an Financial Services business is required, however you do not need prior IFRS 17 knowledge.