We're looking for a Senior Service Desk Engineer to take end to end ownership for incidents and ensure our employees have sufficient equipment and resources to perform their roles.
We are a technical Service Desk and our goal is to ensure that our employees have sufficient equipment and resources to perform their roles. We take end to end ownership of incidents and escalate them where necessary to see them through to resolution. If you can fix it, great, if not, no need to worry, you will have all the help you need.
As a Senior, in addition to taking calls and responding to emails, you will act as an escalation point for less experienced team members and will deal with escalations. You will also be a key contributor in training new starters, ensuring that they have the best possible start in their new role. You will be an enthusiastic, focused Service Desk Engineer with an eye for detail who is knowledgeable and has a genuine interest in all things PC and software related.
As a 24-hour business you will be required to provide technical support covering a 24/7 shift pattern in this role.Preferred Skills & Experience
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Concise written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-managed with ability to work unsupervised.
- Ability to mentor and deliver training.
- Commercial experience working in a service management function.
- Acting as a point of escalation for the team and taking responsibility for driving and improving the expected high standards across the team.
- Ensuring that phone calls and emails are dealt with promptly to provide the best possible service to the business.
- Logging all tickets for incidents or requests that are reported.
- Ensuring that 1st line incidents are resolved quickly and efficiently.
- Ensuring that 2nd line incidents are investigated and promptly escalated where required.
- Proactively managing open incidents, working with 2nd and 3rd line teams to gain the fastest resolution based on incident SLA.
- Maintaining and administering user accounts, ensuring users only have access to what they require in order to fulfil their roles.
- Training new starters to an excellent and consistent standard.
- Maintaining training material and adapting documentation to new processes or technology.
- Mentoring of team members, dealing with escalations where appropriate and escalating to 2nd line where necessary.