At TrueLayer, we want the financial system to work for everyone - so we've made it our mission to open up access and put fintech at people's fingertips.
We're looking for Engineers who love learning new things and working with others to solve complex customer problems. You'll be at the heart of financial innovation, using industry-disrupting technologies like open banking to revolutionise online payments, and enable financial data to be integrated into any app or website.
Working at a rapidly growing fintech, you'll encounter new and exciting challenges as we scale our products and infrastructure to meet the demands of our customers, and expand our ecosystem to open up new possibilities. Guided by our Engineering Principles, you'll collaborate on the design, implementation, delivery and operation of our products - in short: you'll build it, you'll run it!
In addition to working with modern development frameworks and cloud technologies, we are committed to helping you develop new skills and advance in your career. Whether you want to continue to grow your technical expertise or move into leadership, we have clear and tangible paths for everyone, irrespective of your level of experience, role or discipline.Our challenges:
What we expect from you, as a Senior Software Engineer:
- We want to continuously iterate and improve our offering without compromising the stability or long-term maintainability of our systems.
- We serve millions of API requests. Our platform must remain a reliable foundation that our customers can build upon as we expand (new products, new geographies, more volume).
- We want TrueLayer to be an exceptional place to work. We want our processes and interactions to stay honest, genuine and human as the company grows.
- We want our engineers to grow with us. To have the opportunity, the guidance and the support to develop their technical and core skills to the fullest within the organisation.
What you can expect from us:
- Become a proficient user of our platforms (AWS, Kubernetes, Prometheus/Grafana, etc) and our tools (.NET Core). Training will be available to fill in any gaps in your current knowledge
- Partner with your Engineering Lead and Product Manager to size and break down requirements for new features and product efforts
- Communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Employ design patterns, testing and automation to ensure fast and safe iteration cycles. Use your knowledge to coach your teammates and level up the whole engineering organisation
- Play an active role in our incident response. Support the Incident Lead by taking ownership of investigation and service recovery for the areas of our platform under your responsibility
- Contribute to cross-team technology efforts by joining our engineering guilds
- Role model our values and help make sure TrueLayer remains an exceptional place to work
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity in the company
- Flexible hours and hybrid working - work from home and our incredible offices in London Milan Sydney and Dublin
- A £150 remote-working budget to help you set up your home office
- Flexible holiday policy, with 24 days as standard ✈️
- Generous parental leave, above and beyond statutory requirements and with no minimum tenure
- Enhanced pension contribution at 4% & 4%
- Private health insurance from the day you start ⚕️
- 12 fully-paid wellbeing days a year (on top of the holiday allowance) ️
- Membership of mental wellbeing platform Spill ♀️
- £1,000 to spend on learning & development each year
- £500 per quarter (outside of required business travel) to visit our hub cities around the world
£75,000/yr - £105,000/yr + EquityRequirements
We'd be particularly excited if you have:
- Experience building distributed systems in any common backend language/framework such as .NET, Java, Rust and Go
- Thorough understanding of common design patterns and principles, and how/when to apply them
- Familiarity with API design and experience with at least one web framework
- Knowledge of both SQL and NoSQL data technologies
- Understanding of microservice architecture and its associated challenges
- Familiarity with testing best practices - TDD, unit testing and integration testing, etc
- Experience with observability and alerting in mission-critical distributed systems
Inclusion & Diversity
- Understanding of protocol buffers, gRPC, and message queue systems
- Experience building libraries and involvement in open source software
- Hands-on experience with AWS and infrastructure-as-code tools such as Terraform
At TrueLayer, we embrace people that have different perspectives and personalities. We believe that by seeing the world from all sorts of angles, we can make life better for all the people who live in it. So we want you to know that the things that make you, you - like your age, background and identity - are things that we celebrate and support. All we ask is that you believe in what you do.About Our Hiring Process
Our hiring process typically consists of four stages:
- A call with one of our Talent Acquisition Partners
- A take-home exercise Software Engineering Challenge
- 1.5-hour video interview with two of TrueLayer's engineers
- 2-hour total final round video interview
Full details on the interview process, including preparation tips and the qualities we look for in future TrueLayeristas, can be found on our blog.