Your new company
Your new role
* The Communications Manager will work within the NHS communications and engagement team for the borough
* To support the communications around the integration of health and care services.
* Reporting to the Senior Engagement Manager, you will lead on communications for health and care integration workstreams at a borough level.
* Communicating and engaging with health and care partners across the borough, and developing stakeholder briefings.
* Responsible for website and intranet content and social media accounts and play a key role in event management including public forums, AGMs, staff briefings and other stakeholder events.
* You will work as part of the communications and engagement team to ensure the CCG is meeting statutory duties in relation to the involvement of patients, carers and the public in the transformation of services.
* Deputise for the Senior Engagement Manager and Head of Communications as appropriate.
What you'll need to succeed
To be able to lead the delivery of communications including:
* Lead the delivery of communications and be the first point of contact to provide communication support and advice, escalating to the specialist communications team, Senior Engagement Manager or Head of CCG Communications.
* Work closely with communication managers and other professionals across south west London to support the roll out of best practice in communications.
* Track the progress with communication plans against key milestones ensuring any issues are flagged appropriately, risks and concerns to the Comms Lead, Head of Communications or Senior Management Team
* Proactive and reactive media management working alongside the content and media south west London central team to:
* drafting media releases and statements, participating in an out-of-hours communications rota, ensuring 24/7 emergency media handling support for CCGs.
* Design, develop and deliver communications strategies, campaigns and materials.
* Stakeholder management and public affairs to support CCGs in their dealings with political stakeholders working alongside the central team for Stakeholder Management.
What you'll get in return
Flexible working options available.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.