You will deliver hardware and training support and development to the repair centre, and, on occasions, other functional areas of Unipart Logistics (UL). You will actively develop UL's technical insight into the Client's present and future product portfolio in order to introduce and sustain world class reverse logistics diagnostic and repairs capability.
Training Manager Responsibilities:
• Undertake Training Needs Analysis to identify and advise on skill and capability gaps and coordinate all training related administration
• Create and develop a virtual training infrastructure to ensure effective induction and on the job training for Technicians, Operational Colleagues and where appropriate Team Leaders.
• Promote and advise on safe methods of working, prevention of hazards to health and the suitability of the facility, protective equipment and control measures.
• Liaise with the Operational Excellence Team regarding soft skills training delivery to support internal development programmes.
• Act as a coach/mentor to high potential and developing leaders.
• In emergency situations initiate suitable actions immediately, contact and communicate effectively with all relevant internal and external contacts.
• Provide suitable technical advice at the design stage of changes to layout, systems of work and introduction of new materials / machines and advise Operational & Safety Committee and Forums.
• Provide budget proposals for on-going annual development and maintenance of training solutions.
Training Manager Requirements:
• You have knowledge and experience of Electro-Mechanical Engineering.
• You are Qualified to HNC/D, Degree level or equivalent in Electrical and Electronic engineering.
• You have solid experience in Test engineering or Development Engineering.
• You have experience of training large groups of people.
• You have excellent communication skills and an ability to liaise with varying levels of technical staff and customers.
• You are adaptable and able to react quickly and effectively to changes and requests.
• You can work well in a team and good leadership skills.
• PC Literate and competent in the use of the complete Microsoft Package suite.
• Ability to work to targets and timescales.
• You have a willingness to learn about new technology.
About Unipart Group Limited:
You may remember Unipart as the company who in the 1970s revolutionised the automotive parts industry. Unipart is a different company today with clients such as McLaren, Apple, Vodafone, BSkyB, Jaguar Land Rover and, the NHS. The Unipart Group is an independent manufacturing, logistics and consultancy company who employs nearly 10,000 employees worldwide and has an annual turnover of more than £1 billion.
Location: Magna Park - Lutterworth, Leicestershire
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: Full Time, Monday - Friday office hours (flexibility required)
Salary: £32,000 plus car / car allowance
Closing date for applications: 16th December, 2021
You may have experience of the following: Training Manager, Training Coordinator, Trainer, HR Manager, Direct Selling, Sales Training Manager, Senior Training Officer, L&D Manager, Learning & Development Manager, Employee Development, Training Specialist, Internal Training, etc.
Ref: 104 799