A UK Real Estate business is looking to recruit a Tax Manager to join their London based Tax team.
In this role the Tax Manager will support the Head of Taxation in the overall management of the tax affairs of the group. Working closely with the business and relevant stakeholders, the Tax Manager will provide tax advice to the business to ensure that the tax exposure on the group's activities are minimised within the framework of the group's published tax strategy and also to ensure that areas of tax risk in the business are identified, managed and monitored.
- Have a strong bias towards tax structuring and advisory work although you will also be required to support the Tax Assistant Manager in the delivery of the group compliance and reporting work.
- Act as the main point of contact for tax for the development and development finance teams. You will review and provide tax commentary in Investment Committee papers including tax structuring advice where appropriate to minimise the group's tax exposure on development schemes.
- Working closely with the Head of Taxation, you will be responsible for managing the delivery of complex group tax projects and liaising with tax advisors and lawyers on complex transactions such as development scheme structuring, corporation acquisitions, joint ventures, group restructuring etc. You will also be responsible for drafting any associated board papers.
- Work closely with the Group Tax Assistant Manager to ensure that tax structuring advice is appropriately reflected in the VAT and corporation tax returns and that the group's tax compliance obligations are met within the required deadlines.
- Support the Head of Taxation in developing, delivering and maintaining the group tax strategy and risk register. This will involve a bi annual review and update of the tax risk register for sign-off by the Head of Tax and the group Senior Accounting Officer.
- Build relationships with key stakeholders within the business as well as developing a strong working relationship with the group's tax advisors and HMRC and also to respond promptly to tax queries from both internal and external stakeholders.
- Seek ways to improve tax risk management and compliance processes.
- The ideal candidate will have real estate tax advisory experience, experience managing projects involving numerous stakeholders, experience across taxes (VAT, CT, stamp duty, CIS - the first two being key).
The role will be a mix of advisory (65%) and compliance (35%) role - the compliance element would be mostly review and technical support for the compliance team.
- CTA / ACA / ACCA qualified (or equivalent).
- Extensive post qualification real estate tax advisory experience.
- Strong tax technical capabilities.
- Extensive up to date tax knowledge.
- Experience of liaising closely with HMRC and professional advisors on complex tax issues.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, ability to influence internally
- Able to deliver consistently high service levels within a pressurised environment.
- Proven ability to managing the delivery of multiple advisory projects.
- Ability to deliver basic tax training to the business.
- Excellent communication and report writing skills.
- An understanding of the tax issues faced within the housing, public and voluntary sector
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics 365
- Knowledge of Excel VBA (Visual Basic for Applications)