Finance Officer, band 6, Sunderland - 6 months temping contract with an immediate start
Your new company
This well recognised public sector organisation have a need for an experienced Finance Officer to join them for at least 6 months providing interim cover.
Your new role
Role Summary - To be an effective member of the Financial Management team responsible for the delivery
of an effective, flexible and customer focused service across the business
Main duties & responsibilities
- To prepare allocated accounts across the business for reporting to budget managers,
managing directors and Executive Management Team
- To monitor allocated budgets through the management accounts and support budget
holders and budget managers on understanding variances against budget which is
reported through to the Board.
- To provide advice and training to designated budget managers on technical accounting
matters, including the correct allocation of revenue costs and accruals the allocation of
VAT, fees and capitalisation of costs for accounting purposes.
- To work in partnership with budget managers to develop monthly forecasting.
- To support the Senior Finance Officers to produce the annual budget for the business
for allocated budgets which represent a multi million pound budgets for the business.
- To support the effective operation of the computerised financial management system
and the ongoing development of the Ebis module (On-line workflow management
- To support the Senior Finance Officers with information as required in the preparation
and submission of financial returns required by the regulator.
- Monitor designated budgets ensuring that value for money is achieved in all
circumstances through the monitoring and control of expenditure and the early
identification of any financial irregularity.
Your duties may vary from time to time within the broad remit of your role and grade. You are
required to undertake any such reasonable and appropriate duties.
What you'll need to succeed
Part qualified AAT (level 3) or equivalent / Qualified AAT or Part qualified (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or CIPFA)
What you'll get in return
This is a minimum 6 month contract working 37 hours per week with a super flexible hybrid working pattern.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.