NCEO Online Training ManagerRole purpose:
The National Centre for Earth Observation (NCEO) are looking for a training manager to develop a set of online training modules as part of a new staff training initiative. NCEO is an internationally leading, distributed research centre, with over 100 scientific and support staff, funded by the Natural Environment Research Council. It provides a national, long-term and strategic capability in Earth Observation, namely the science of studying the Earth using satellites in space. In this role you will work with the NCEO Training Lead, NCEO Training Officer and other appropriate staff throughout NCEO to gather training material on a variety of topics and convert this material into engaging online training modules. These will include a module on working with funders in Earth Observation and one for early career scientists on "growing your research career", as well as training on specialised scientific topics. The post is available as a temporary contract, full-time, initially for 12 weeks.Key responsibilities will include:
You will have the following experience:
- Work with the NCEO training advisory group and other NCEO staff to gather relevant information for each module.
- Design online training modules to present the information a manner that facilitates engagement and retention,
- Ensure the modules are compatible with the decided Learning Platform.
- Work with members of NCEO, and possible external consultants, to ensure the pilot versions of the devised training modules are effective and executable, and to refine as appropriate.
- Educated to degree level in a relevant science/ education/ training, or significant relevant experience.
- Experience of writing and delivering training material, either online or in person.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Ability to work to deadlines.
- Experience of designing online training modules.
- Degree or significant experience in remote sensing or Earth Observation.
- Experience of working with a scientific community.