Job Title: Online Learning & Commercial Training Manager
Location: Cambridge, Cambridgeshire
Faculty: Adult Learning
Reporting To: Director of Adult Learning & Commercial Development
The primary purpose of this job role is to:
The post holder will take overall responsibility in leading the Online learning, Digital Bootcamp & Commercial Training provision across the College's campuses. In addition, you will have the opportunity to shape the growth of this provision and strategy, contributing to all aspects of quality and planning for growth and development.
The primary duties, tasks and responsibilities of this job role are to;
1. To lead the online courses team, recruiting and training new staff as appropriate and to assume responsibilities across all departmental management tasks
2. Lead on the development and implementation of a range of online learning course both funded and full cost to meet the needs to the community and employers
3. To lead the community, leisure and commercial training team and assume responsibilities across all departmental management tasks
4. Lead on the development of the community & leisure provision across both our campuses to meet local need and demand
5. Lead on the development of the Digital Bootcamp provision across both our campuses to meet local need and demand
6. Work with the Director of Adult Learning and the Head of Marketing to review current courses and bring a new offer to the market
7. Work with the Heads of Curriculum across the group to develop a course offer that feeds directly into adult provision across the college.
1. To lead on the quality of the department provision and to maintain high quality, viable provision that meets local need in line with college strategic objectives.
2. To act as an IQA to support the delivery of the departments provision
3. To be the Lead IQA across college for qualifications as appropriate
4. To ensure the proper organisation of assessment, verification and standardisation of programmes, ensure accurate and timely registration of students with awarding bodies, claim certificates and to maintain the course management files.
5. To arrange and lead on EQA visits for all qualifications delivered within the department and ensure actions are addressed in a timely manner.
6. To teach (when required), assess and internally verify work on a range of courses, ensuring high standards of student achievement, behaviour, pastoral care and support.
1. To oversee all curriculum development and planning within the department, the organisation of staff and rooms, the development of materials and resources, including e-learning, and the promotion of equalities in teaching and learning.
2. To ensure high standards of course delivery, assessment and effective quality review and improvement through self-assessment and supporting other teaching staff within the Employment Services Team to meet clear quality expectations.
3. To ensure the maintenance and updating of registers, learner records and other related documentation to required quality standards as prescribed by the external guidelines.
4. Request and analyse learner feedback and track progression and destinations
5. Assist with the recruitment of students through attendance at community events, open days and other promotional events, and discussing course content to potential learners.