We're looking for someone to join our team helping to run this beautiful and unique Chapel. Hours:
15 hours per week
£18298 per annum
What it's like to work here
This modest red-brick building tucked away in a quiet corner of Hampshire houses an unexpected treasure; an epic series of large-scale murals, by the acclaimed war artist Sir Stanley Spencer. Built to honour the 'forgotten dead' of the First World War, who were not remembered on any official memorials, the series was inspired by Spencer's own experiences as a medical orderly at the Beaufort Hospital in Bristol and both orderly and soldier on the Salonika front.
Click here for more information about this location.
What you'll be doing
Part of The Vyne portfolio, Sandham is a small property with an internationally significant collection. Working as part of a small team, you will assist in all aspects of the daily operation of the chapel. From undertaking day-to-day care and cleaning of the chapel and its collections to engaging with visitors and supervising our wonderful team of volunteers, you will ensure that the chapel provides an enjoyable visitor experience and consistently exceeds our visitors' expectations. Flexible and enthusiastic, you'll be part of a versatile team delivering every aspect of the chapel operation, promoting good communication and great service.Please read the full role profile attached.
Who we're looking for We're looking for someone who has:
- Experience in visitor operations; ideally in the heritage or visitor attraction sector.
- Experience of supporting visitor engagement activities and events.
- Results focused and proven self-motivator.
- Able to respond to varying pressures, difficult situations and complaints.
- Strong team player with a flexible approach; able to multi-task and work in collaboration with colleagues and volunteers.
- Good people skills, enabling good working relationships across the property and the ability to deal with visitors in a variety of situations.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Able to work with own initiative without immediate assistance from manager.
- Good IT skills (Microsoft Office, till and stock control systems).
Benefits for working at the National Trust:
- Flexible working whenever possible
- Free parking at most locations
- Discounts in high street stores, cinemas, National Trust properties and cafes.
- Free entry to our properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- Subsidised health cash plan
- Free 24-hour support service
- Substantial pension scheme of up to 10% basic salary
- Training & Development tailored to you
- Up to 5 days of paid volunteering for you.
Click here to find out more about the benefits we offer to support you.