Are you in the market for interim roles? Are you looking for a role with a local council?
I am looking for an Adult Social Care Solicitor
to cover four client authorities.
Main responsibilities of these roles include:
- Excellent working knowledge of key adult social care and education legislation, including the Care Act 2014, the Mental Health Act 1983, the Mental Capacity Act 2005, Education Act 1996, the Children & Families Act 2014 and related delegated legislation, statutory and non-statutory guidance and case law.
- Provide Community Care Legal advice to four client Authorities, Reading, Wokingham, West Berkshire and the Royal Borough of Windsor & Maidenhead. This includes all aspects of Adult Social Care work including the Mental Health Act and the Mental Capacity Act. This requires a sensitivity and corporate awareness across four separate Authorities.
- Provide Education advice to Reading.
- The expectation and requirement for this post is therefore a very broad legal knowledge and Authorities usually divide this work because of the diversity. We have chosen to require the post holder to be able to provide advice across all the fields.
- The provision of both written and verbal advice across the identified areas as set out above.
- The conduct of regular legal surgeries to give on the spot advice.
- Advise on Case work, policy issues and cabinet/Committee reports.
- Advising senior officers, including Heads of Service and Directors across four Authorities.
- Advising, preparing and presenting cases in the Court of Protection and the High Court, especially in light of the Cheshire West decision and increase in Court of Protection applications.
- Attending before Circuit Judges for hearings under the Mental Health Act.
- Representing Client Authorities at Inquest Hearings before the Berkshire Coroner.
- Representing Client Authorities at a variety of quasi-Judicial Forums e.g. Independent Appeals Panels (Education), Independent Review Panels (Education) and Statutory Complaints Panels.
- Advising and preparing Judicial Review Cases in the Administrative Court (High Court).
- Advising on Immigration and Asylum Cases, regarding a Client Authority's duties when a person is subject to Immigration control.
- Providing training across all the fields of practice.
- To undertake high-profile cases which may be not within the Service Level Agreement as requested by a Head of Service within the Berkshire Authorities.
The skills needed include:
- Excellent working knowledge of key adult social care and education legislation, in particular the Care Act 2014, the Mental Health Act 1983, the Mental Capacity Act 2005, Education Act 1996, Children and Families Act 2014 and related delegated legislation, statutory and non-statutory guidance and case law.
- The ability to carry a caseload without supervision.
- The ability to perform effectively and participate fully within a team.
- Some knowledge of local government legislation and an ability to adapt to changes affecting the Authority.
- An awareness of financial resources and the need to keep within budget restrictions.
This job is great for anyone with some experience and anyone looking to make quick money in the winter months. This job pays £50 an hour
. The start date would be the 6th of December 2021
and would end on 25th of February 2022
If you are interested, please apply and I will contact you for a confidential chat.