This is a broad role which will cover the full spectrum of regulatory reporting across capital and liquidity with a particular focus on the processing of COREP submissions to the PRA in accordance with CRD IV rules, as well as Bank of England statistical reports and FCA submissions.
Soft-skills and an ability to engage and collaborate effectively with multiple stakeholders is a key aspect to this role and an integral facet of the bank's culture.
With it being a relatively small bank, this opportunity provides a fantastic platform for individuals to innovate and drive change as well as gain a breadth of exposure across the regulatory space. The bank is also heavily investing in monthly training and development of its employees, coupled with investment into its systems and governance frameworks.
In addition to COREP, see list of additional regulatory responsibilities:
- Daily monitoring and preparation of large exposures in customer and Treasury lending against the banks' regulatory and internal limits.
- Preparation of MI, contributing to Board and Committee reports.
- Keeping abreast of upcoming regulatory changes in order to enhance the bank's existing regulatory frameworks.
- Preparation of regulatory returns to the regulators (PRA/FCA and Bank of England) on an accurate and timely basis, including intraday liquidity, COREP. and basis risk. This also includes variance analysis and commentary for key movements to senior management committee.
- Participate in projects related to forthcoming regulatory and system enhancements. Provide an ongoing review to assess requirement for process improvements, working across Finance teams to identify inefficiencies and optimise work.
- Work collaboratively with other teams and departments to explain regulatory requirements and develop knowledge sharing.
- University Degree or equivalent.
- Professional accounting or relevant industry qualification.
- Demonstrable experience in a financial services role (preferably banking).
- Proven experience of extracting, validating, reconciling, and reporting regulatory data.
- Exposure capital and/or liquidity reporting, specifically, COREP, Bank of England statistical reports and/or FCA submissions.
- An open-minded and motivated individual who is proactive and can collaborate effectively with multiple stakeholders, at all levels.