The starting salary for this role is negotiable for a suitable candidate with the necessary skills and experience up to £95,000. The postholder can be based at any of the GPA locations with Finance presence outside London with offices in Birmingham, Leeds, Manchester, Newport, Norwich, Nottingham and Swindon.
The Government Property Agency's mission is to provide great places to work for civil servants. We are using our scale and commercial expertise to do this effectively, efficiently and sustainably, helping to support growth in all parts of the UK. We are growing rapidly through acquisition of Government properties from departments. Turnover has risen from £0.4bn in 20/21 to around £1bn in 21/22 and it will continue to grow as more properties are transferred and run by GPA. Similarly, our assets have grown to £0.85 billion and are expected to grow significantly each year. Creating a first-class finance function to service our clients is a key priority of our transformation programme.
The Client finance team will provide robust financial reporting, and accurate and timely client billing. Our ambition is to provide customer centric, professional services that focus on the needs of the end-user, driving up client satisfaction. Deputy Director Client Finance is a high profile and stretching finance leadership role. You will be responsible for the financial aspects of onboarding new clients, and provision of high-quality financial services to existing clients and communicating effectively with them.
Reporting to the CFO/Finance Director and working closely alongside other deputy directors, this role will lead all aspects of GPA's client finance including the further development of applicable business systems and the evolving relationship with our Property Partner on financial transaction processing. They will be responsible for a Head of Client Finance, Client Finance Managers, and the Onboarding Finance team in addition to the relationship with the Head of the Property Partner financial team.The responsibilities of the Deputy Director of Client Finance will include
Key Skills & Experience
- Lead and motivate a diverse Client Finance team, including through development of their skills, capability and careers
- Play a positive and active role in the leadership and development of GPA's Finance Directorate and the GPA as a whole
- Own and continuously improve the business systems, process and financial control framework to enable provision of timely and accurate client financial information
- Supervise financial due diligence on onboarding clients ensuring financial data is captured and ready to support service provision. Ensure this information is fed into the GPA Accounts and Budgets. Ensure new client set up on systems, smooth transition and ready for service
- Supervise the preparation and agreement of client budgets in line with the overall GPA Budget and associated Spending Review
- Working closely with the contract manager, manage the financial aspects of the Property Partner contract. There is an opportunity to influence requirement setting for the replacement contract
- Working closely with client managers, supervise the development of effective relationships with client finance teams
- Qualified Accountant who must be a CCAB Qualified or equivalent (e.g. ICAEW, ACCA, CIPFA, CIMA, ICAS or CAI)
- Significant post qualification experience in a similar sized organisation or larger
- Proven experience over at least 10 years' experience in financial management in property or facilities management
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Significant experience of leading a team and being a team player
To apply for this opportunity, you will be required to produce a supporting statement against the four GPA core values, answering specific role focussed questions. For more information, please apply using the link, or contact Michael Swinburn or Jack White at our retained search agent, Robertson Bell.