Title: Venue Sourcing ManagerA very special venue, for a very special occasion.....
We are seeking a superb Venue Sourcing Manager for a fabulous client of ours.
A full-service engagement agency delivering magic for audiences in virtual, hybrid, and live events, strategy, content, production, and technology.
They are a communication, engagement, and logistical agency for some of the world's leading organizations.
Solving complex brand, communication, engagement, and logistical challenges for some of the world's leading organizations.Job purpose:
The Venue Sourcing Manager's purpose is to provide venue sourcing support to the Event management team to meet and exceed the client's objectives for their conferences, meetings, incentives, etc Key responsibilities and accountabilities:Venue Sourcing Management
- On receipt of RFP and/or briefing from Account Management team prepare and send out detailed proposal brief to suitable hotel groups booking desks, direct to hotels/venues or where appropriate via DMC's
- In most instances use Cvent to complete the above process, there may be specialist searches that require direct contact
- Critique venue offers, challenging any points that might not meet with the brief or touch standards
- Always being proactive and thinking ahead about how the event would run to be able to consider the right venue for each brief - to be confident in your decision process and why the venues/destinations have been included in each venue source
- Excellent venue knowledge - maintained by visiting venues educational and familiarization trips
- Excellent destination knowledge - understanding the best destinations for flight access/price/transfer times/quality of hotels, etc
- Confidently advise and share knowledge/expertise with Account Management Team and on occasions on client calls/meetings
- Build a library of content/ destination knowledge for internal training and external PR/ thought leadership
- Negotiate rates or ask for added value items from hotels/venues
- Negotiate workable/reasonable option dates with suppliers
- Communicate and maintain timelines and priorities for every proposal
- Budget management of venue/ DMC costs at the proposal stage. Able to use Excel proficiently and complete in different currencies using the correct currency rates
- Follow through the status of a proposal with Account Management team until the business is sold (contracts raised) or postponed/lost
- Ensure the relevant handover documents/contracts have been signed off by the Account Management team, for them to use in their briefing to the Operations team
- Run regular reports on status, conversion, financials of venue sourcing requests supported by Associate Director for analysis
- Working with and supported by the Client Governance Team, ensure compliance with client and company SLA's on all venue sourcing requests
- Feed through to Client Governance Team any updates or changes across clients with regards to hotel/ meal caps
- As well as any updates on COVID safety plans for destinations/ venues/ DMCs that are learned through the sourcing process
- Ensure compliance with GDPR (General Data Protection Regulations) 2018 Regulations
- Ensure understanding and compliance of Client specific contract process and contract addendum
- Negotiate with suppliers to obtain best terms and conditions keeping in mind commission and clients possible exposure to cancellation charges
- Fill in a negotiation chart (depending on client)
- Ensure terms and conditions are communicated to the Account Management team drawing attention to any less favorable contractual items that suppliers may not have agreed to either the clients or touch associated contract addendum
- Following client's approval of contract and budget. Receiving PO number then at that point contract can be signed
- Handover document to be completed and passed over to the relevant operational team
Relationships with Suppliers
- Support the Account Management team with accurate completion of the budget template with all venue/ DMC costs, where appropriate
- Review and ensure currency exchange is managed in line with financial updates and checked
- Co-ordinate supplier meetings within touch office and at other locations as appropriate
- Ensure relevant team members are invited to supplier visits or "lunch and learns"
- Manage Cvent contract on a yearly basis with support from Associate Director
- Maintain and grow supplier relationships
- Maintain the supplier database and cvent NSO list is up to date with contact details and company
- Keep up to date on all new openings/new destinations for conferences/Incentives
- Attend Fam Trips and events to ensure knowledge on new openings etc
- Post event surveys are completed and any feedback relayed to supplier network with suggestions for improvement - supported by the operations team and Associate Director
- Whilst the role does not require line management of others, it will require at peak times briefing other members of the event management team/ or freelance support on how to manage the venue sourcing process the touch way. This will include:
- Ensuring an accurate brief is received from the Account Management team
- Ensuring all process steps are explained in how to manage the RFP with the supplier network and the shortlist process with the Account Management team
- Oversee timelines/ status of enquiry
- Oversee consistent output
- Work collaboratively with Board, Peers and all teams to ensure effective delivery of all client projects, including travelling on site as required.
- Attend company training days as and when required.
- Attend company meetings as and when required
Enjoy what you do, never be afraid to positively challenge and go the extra mile to exceed the client expectations adding wherever possible a little touch of magic.
This position would suit: Venue Source Executive, Venue Sourcing Manager, Venue Source Coordinator, Venue Sourcing Account Manager, Account Manager Venue Sourcing