More about the Middleweight Brand Designer role:
Here's what you can expect to be doing as our Middleweight Brand Designer:
- The Middleweight Brand Designer role in the AO brand team works on many designs projects to support the business across a range of branded communication and activations
- Working to a creative brief, your design skills will be applied to various projects to support the many teams across AO in maintaining a first-class brand image
- You'll be responsible for all the work that you deliver, ensuring it is created to the right quality and to the timescales agreed at the beginning of the project
- You have the opportunity to own projects from concept to delivery. For larger projects, you will support your colleagues in the design team and wider Brand team by providing inspiration and insight to new challenges
A few things about our ideal Middleweight Brand Designer:
- Designing a range of branded communications in response to the priorities set out weekly by the Brand planning team. These projects are typically design and layout jobs that can last anything from a day to a week (but sometimes longer)
- Execute a range of brand led activation comms for use across the business, including print material and digital assets to support the AO brand
- You'll embrace our visual identity and our brand personality and create impactful and compelling designs, that align perfectly with the AO brand guidelines
- Be in creative "kick-off" sessions, collaboration with the creative designers and wider creative teams to constantly push the boundaries of our creations
- Providing accurate updates and time estimates on projects and deliver to deadlines.
Software SkillsStrong skills in the following software are essential
- Demonstrates strong layout, design, and typography skills
- Can work under pressure to deadlines and multi-task effectively, taking accountability for your own work
- Obsesses about the detail and has a huge passion for delivering quality work - whatever the size of job. This will be evident in your character, approach to challenges and the pride you take in presenting your work for review
- A good eye for both composition and detail are essential, ensuring all artwork must be is correct when presented to stakeholders for sign-off
- Understands the importance of brand guidelines and keeps all design work on-brand
- Experienced in how to deliver design artwork ready for printers and developers
- Takes an interest in advancements in technology and techniques in design, taking inspiration from industry leaders and encouraging development and collaboration within the team
- Digital portfolio with working examples
Experience of the following software would be an advantage
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe InDesign
- Good skills in the following software are required
- Microsoft Office (especially PowerPoint)
Why Choose AO:
- HTML 5, CSS
- Adobe After Affects
- 3D modelling
Our people are our superpower, and that's no accident. We're looking for everyday heroes who want to learn and help other people achieve. Those glass-half-full-types who have an appetite for a better tomorrow.
We keep things simple. We say things like "treat every customer like they're your gran" and "make decisions your mum would be proud of" because we're personal and act with integrity - every day in every action. Great People Deserve Great Things:
We've designed our benefits to cover everything from big moments to little helps. As well all as the essentials, like pensions and holidays, we've got our own "AO Perks" to help you with the little things that matter.
- 25 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
- At least 5% contribution pension scheme*
- Dedicated wellness initiatives that support your wellbeing, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.
If you fit the bill and are ready to join our fast-growing companyas ourMiddleweight Brand Designer
, click "Apply
" now - we want to hear from you!