City Elite are proud to be working with one of the most prestigious banks in the world, who are seeking an AVP - Derivatives Confirmations SME for their Confirmations team!Key Responsibilities
- Operate as product specialist providing subject matter expertise where required.
- Dispatch and execution of confirmations for OTC derivative transactions.
- Affirmation, chasing and validation of counterparty confirmations.
- Investigation, tracking and resolution of client queries and outstanding confirmation issues.
- Point of contact both internally and externally, providing expertise and guidance concerning all confirmation queries.
- Pre-trade drafting, negotiation and review of confirmations.
- To learn applicable ISDA/FBF/DRV Definitions and to continue development of product knowledge.
- Work closely with Front Office and Legal Department to confirm templates prior to trade execution.
- Ensure systems accurately reflect the correct confirmation status.
- Build relationships throughout the bank.
- Liaise with traders, legal, other members of operations and counterparties when necessary, to resolve outstanding issues thoroughly and efficiently.
Skills And ExperienceFunctional / Technical Competencies:Essential
- Extensive hands on experience of drafting and/or matching derivative confirmations.
- Extensive experience of client interaction - chasing, affirmation, negotiation and query resolution.
- Extensive knowledge of all derivative assets classes, specifically equity, structured rates and FX, with ability to draft bespoke language for non-standard products, in line with the applicable ISDA Definitions.
Education / Qualifications:Essential
- Wide knowledge base covering Equity, Interest Rate, FX, Inflation and Credit Derivatives, both vanilla and structured products.
- Excellent understanding and knowledge of the ISDA Definitions for all asset classes.
- Excellent understanding of Operational Risk and Control.
FULL JOB SPEC AVAILABLE ON REQUEST
- Bachelor or Master's Degree in a technical or appropriate field of study (Economics, Mathematics, Finance, Engineering, etc.)