Financial Planning and Treasury Manager
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a qualified Financial Planning and Treasury Manager to join Charities Aid Foundation (CAF), a leading charity body and financial institution who are experiencing continued growth and development.
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading and delivering on all business planning activities to improve business performance and management decision making. You will also oversee two direct reports and work across both BAU as well as significant business transformation initiatives to ensure investment decisions are made on a financially sound basis.Responsibilities:
Skills, Qualifications & Experience:
- Manage the business planning process to deadline, engaging Senior Management in long range strategic planning to ensure sound understanding of the Groups direction.
- Assess and challenge the achievability of business targets through understanding of all risks & opportunities across the group
- Analyse historic performance trends & business impact to enhance future forecasts and provide insight to the Business to ensure effective financial planning
- Identify, develop and provide key insights to the Business by developing and implementing improved regular performance reporting and key indicators to inform Senior Management across the business.
- Drive business improvement through financial insight, analysis and communication to the leadership community and Executive Directors
- Use in-depth understanding and knowledge of the business model and the interdependencies to improve transparency and understanding and influence decision making across the business
- Develop the investment appraisal process to evaluate potential business initiatives and investment proposals both prior to and after completion.
- Develop the cost allocation process, working to develop the internal cost allocation model.
- From a Treasury perspective, you will analyse and place cash deposits and short terms investments as well as monitor the performance of the CAF corporate bond portfolio.
This role will be split between home working and on site time in Kings Hill, Kent with the chance for up to 60/70% remote working available
- Qualified accountant ACA or ACCA
- A proven track record in financial management post qualification.
- Substantial experience of devising and delivering business planning and financial reporting activities to improve business performance and management decision making.
- Demonstrable experience of developing both investment appraisal and cost allocation processes
- Strong experience of managing, developing and leading a financial planning team
- Ideally experience of or capability to undertake, some Treasury orientated activity, including analysing and placing cash deposits and short term investments as well as monitoring performance of a corporate bond portfolio.