Head of Corporate Governance Services sought on a full-time, permanent basis in Bedfordshire.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced corporate governance lawyer with additional experience as a monitoring officer to join a highly regarded firm in the Shefford area. The ideal candidate will be able to manage a busy, complex and sensitive caseload of both contentious and non-contentious cases, manage the role of monitoring office and provide support on all corporate governance matters and be an active member of the leadership team.
To put you forward for this position, we require your ideal salary and location and notice period. Responsibilities
- Managing own caseload
- Providing legal advice to clients
- Acting as monitoring officer for clients
- Assisting in the strategic planning of the firm
- Manage, supervise, train, and develop team
- Conducting own advocacy as required
- Deputy to executive director in absence
- Marketing and networking activities
- Qualified solicitor, barrister or chartered legal executive with at least 10 years' experience
- Previous experience acting as 'monitoring officer'
- Experience managing a team
- Knowledge of local government law and practice
- Strong communicator with the ability to build and develop lasting client relationships
- Team player with the ability to work on own initiative
- Works well under pressure to meet tight deadlines
Our client is a highly regarded law firm specialising in the public sector. It is one of the first of its kind to be established in the UK serving over one hundred organisations across the public sectors including local authorities, clinical commissioning groups, foundation trusts, charities, and fire services. This is a forward thinking and award-winning law firm who meet the highest management and customer care standards.Benefits
Our Agency Requirements
- Competitive salary dependent on experience
- Generous holiday allowance
- Pension scheme
- Flexible working arrangements including remote working
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Excellent maternity and paternity entitlement
- Benefits schemes
- What salary are you currently seeking?
- How far are you most comfortable to travel from home?
- How long is your notice period?
Head of Services - Corporate Governance
For further details of this Head of Services vacancy, please contact Natasha on quoting reference NK34026.
PLEASE CHECK YOUR EMAIL (INCLUDING SPAM FOLDER) FOR CONFIRMATION YOUR APPLICATION HAS BEEN RECEIVED.
In accordance with The Conduct of Agencies and Businesses Regulations Act of 2003 - https://ukdsi/2003/0110483138