IT Manager. Circa £40k + Benefits Package. Flexible Working - Hybrid - Onsite & Home Based. Permanent. Cardiff. T6/MN/18087.
Leading academic establishment is seeking to secure an IT Manager, or a Senior IT Engineer looking to move into their first IT Management position. The role is working for leading academic organisation recognised within the UK & Internationally for their exceptional academic provision. ROLE:
Technical Skills / Experience Required:
- IT Manager - 360-degree role - enjoys leading and providing 'hands on' support - ideally up to 2nd or 3rd line support levels.
- IT Manager will be responsible for leading the delivery of IT Services across the campus, spanning multiple facilities and incorporating several IT delivery systems.
- Third Party Suppliers - Managing an external MSP and external IT suppliers.
- Managing IT projects - suppliers, contracts and procurement of IT Services & Systems.
- IT Transformation - Leading the transition from physical servers to the Cloud.
- Help define IT Infrastructure strategy, architecture, and processes.
- Deployment of new IT Systems & Services and managing other IT related activities.
- Monitoring performance of Information Technology systems - determine cost & productivity levels.
- Make recommendations for improving the IT Infrastructure.
- Maintain IT Security standards and actively manage IT Security.
- Leadership - Manage 1st Line Support and troubleshooting activities.
- Effective stakeholder engagement & management - to Director & Senior Management levels.
- Scope and analyse business requirements by partnering with key stakeholders across the organization.
- IT Manager, or Senior IT Engineer - IT Operations 2 - 3 years of experience.
- Leadership - either direct line management, or matrix management of a small IT team.
- IT Infrastructure & Operations best practice and policy experience.
- IT Customer Service mentality - promotes IT best practice & problem solving.
- IT Project Delivery - leading IT infrastructure projects - rolling out IT infrastructures across various technologies.
- Windows 10, desktops, laptops experience.
- Windows Servers 2012 / security, network and systems administration experience.
- Active Directory Management & Server Manager experience.
- Wi-Fi systems, databases and data storage systems experience.
- Phone systems & printers support.
- Google Suite support.
- Firewalls - desirable to have experience of - Smoothwall filtering System support.
- AV equipment support.
- Ability to work independently and to use your initiative.
- Critical thinking and decision-making skills.
- Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field, or equivalent IT experience.
Hours of work: 8:30am - 4:30pm
Benefits Package: Pension, free lunches, annual salary review (after year 2), 30 days holiday
Keywords: IT Manager, Senior IT Support Engineer, 3rd Line Support, 2nd Line Support, IT Manager, Windows 10, Windows Server 2012R2, Windows Server 2012, Cloud, MSP, Wi-Fi, Active Directory, Google Suite, Senior IT Engineer, IT Manager. Cardiff. Permanent. T6/MN/18087.