Marketing & Comms ManagerSalary:
£28,000 - £31,000 (with scope to increase up to £34,000 with service)Location
: Office in Central London but flexible with regards to WFHHours:
Full Time (37.5 hrs/week)Your New Employer:
Working for our client, you get to do work that really matters. They are a positive solution to some of the UK's biggest social issues. Their members combine their exercise with doing important tasks for older people and community organisations. They have won multiple awards and are supported by the London Marathon, National Lottery and leading running brand Saucony. They aim to be one of the largest fitness communities in the UK, and they want to make doing good by getting fit a mainstream movement. You'll be joining an organisation that makes a positive difference to the world every day. They are an inclusive team, we aim to make sure everybody can be themselves at work.Your New Job working as a Marketing & Comms Manager:
Our client is looking for a talented and driven Marketing and Communications Manager to drive their expansion across the UK. You will be joining their growing team to build a nationally recognised brand. In doing so, you will help achieve their mission of getting the UK more active and reducing isolation and loneliness amongst older people at the same time.
Using your communications expertise & digital marketing knowledge, you will devise and execute a strategy to fulfill their mission of helping their brand to grow to national prominence. This is an opportunity for an ambitious marketeer who wants to make a significant impact to grow an innovative fitness project into a national brand. You will develop and execute plans to engage tens of thousands of new members each year. You will manage a marketing budget and continue to extend and enhance our grassroots referrals.
- National awareness and PR. We have had extensive coverage on BBC radio, BBC television, ITV, the Financial Times, Wired, the Guardian and many other leading mainstream media channels. You will extend and continue this level of coverage, managing our publicity and PR to increase awareness of our work across the UK.
- Local campaigns and targeting. We operate in 58 cities across the UK. In the future, we hope to expand this. You will build a media kit that means each city can produce locally targeted media to help with member recruitment and new partners.
- Comms channels management. We currently have several scheduled communication channels. Each team is in control of making their own comms for these, you will lead the organisation of these. Part of this will be our own stories page on the website. You will be helping the community write their stories.
- Member recruitment. You will be responsible for increasing membership by promoting awareness of our services as an easy, convenient and rewarding way of volunteering and getting fit.
- Social media and social media advertising. We currently use Twitter, Facebook and Instagram; you will be responsible for managing and producing content for these channels and targeting them appropriately to areas that need more participants. Specifically you will need experience of running paid advertisements on these platforms.
What You'll Need to Succeed working as a Marketing & Comms Manager:
- Brand partnerships. You will work closely with the business development team to make sure we are utilising our brand partners when it comes to marketing.
What You'll Get in Return working as a Marketing & Comms Manager:
- A marketing or communications role in a previous organisation
- Ability to create and execute targeted campaigns
- A track record of growing audiences and increasing signups
- Data-driven, analytical approach to marketing
- Experience of managing PR opportunities.
- Experience managing social media accounts
- Excellent writing & story telling skills
- Ability to spot great stories and turn them into content quickly
- Ability to make connections and collaborate
- Self-motivated, driven, high energy and engaging
- Friendly and positive culture
- A growing team with real purpose
- Flexible working hours and location
- Regular talks from leading sector experts
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- £200 self development budget
- Optional working groups on issues such as diversity and the environment
- Lots of team socials across the year
We are acting as an employment agency for this role. Unfortunately, we cannot respond to every candidate however, we may retain your CV for future vacancies. If you have not received a response from us within 7 days after applying, your application is unfortunately unsuccessful. As this is a full-time opportunity, you will need to be eligible to work in the UK and have all necessary documents to demonstrate this, as well as qualifications appropriate to the role.
We'll use your data to process your application, to allow us to assess your suitability for a role and improve our sites. We may share your data with third parties to achieve these purposes. We will not share your data for marketing purposes. We will keep your data safe in accordance with data protection legislation.
If you would like further information on how your data may be used please visit london-works .com/privacy-policy
If you are unhappy with the use of your data, you can change your mind at any time by emailing info-at-london-works.com