We're recruiting for a Technical Demonstrator at Quarry Bank.
This role is based on annualised hours, where the amount of hours you work each month may vary, however your salary will be paid in 12 equal instalments over the year
It's roughly 2 to 3 shifts a week, which includes working every other weekend.
What it's like to work here
This former cotton mill was built in 1784 and is one of Britain's greatest industrial heritage sites. The busy estate hosts many schools programmes and events, which help bring Quarry Bank's fascinating story to life. New areas of the estate will shortly open to the public, creating additional project-based roles. This is an exciting opportunity to work in fast growing location and the team pride themselves on being dynamic, highly motivated and passionate people.
Click here for more information about this location What you'll be doing
The role includes demonstrating our textile machinery to public visitors and education groups, contributing to the manufacturing of thread and cloth and the maintenance of textile machinery. The successful applicant will need to demonstrate experience of working in a team, knowledge of health & safety and a background in interpretation. A creative background with an eye for detail as well as a practical experience working with textiles and a working knowledge/or interest in textile machinery would be preferable. The role involves regular weekend working.Please see the role profile attached for more information.
Who we're looking for You'll need to have:
- Demonstrable practical experience of working with textiles
- Working knowledge and /or interest of textile machinery and its maintenance
- Experience in interpretation and / or delivery of events in the tourism or heritage industry
- Strong verbal communication skills including public presentation and the ability to communicate in an engaging and informative manner with a wide range of people
- Good people skills enabling strong relationships both internally and externally
- Experience of working with the general public.
Benefits for working at the National Trust:
- Flexible working whenever possible
- Free parking at most locations
- Discounts in high street stores, cinemas, National Trust properties and cafes.
- Free entry to our properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- Subsidised health cash plan
- Free 24-hour support service
- Substantial pension scheme of up to 10% basic salary
- Training & Development tailored to you
- Up to 5 days of paid volunteering for you.
Click here to find out more about the benefits we offer to support you.