MES Systems Solution Lead
Teesside, Royston or London - Flexible Working
Competitive Package of up to £97K
Circa. Up to 70K Base Salary + Bonus + Pension and Benefits
Johnson Matthey are actively seeking an MES Systems Solution Lead
to be based in our Royston, Teesside or London
office on a permanent
Johnson Matthey IT (JMIT) is Johnson Matthey's global IT function responsible for ensuring that our IT capabilities are not only able to support and integrate technologies but can also offer insight into future IT tools that could provide us with a competitive edge and improved operating efficiencies.
Leading a team of functional and solution analysts and specialists, the MES Systems Solution Lead is accountable for using their expertise to ensure on-going functional and configuration for MES application used globally across the JM business. The Solution Lead is responsible for collaborating closely with the wider MoM team to lead their functional area through to maturity and drive continuous improvement and ensure the on-going integrity of the design delivered by the project teams. The Primary applications used today are TrakSYS, WRMS, ITS, Tirisano and other bespoke systems. Some other key responsibilities are:Key responsibilities:
Are you the ideal candidate? You will have:
- Line manage a team of specialists, analysts and suppliers to ensure provision of in depth technical/business process advice and functional and configuration for the MES business solutions
- Accountable for the design and delivery of functional/industry design/build/realisation, ensuring the design and integration is consistent across multiple areas and supports business objectives
- Recognise and mitigate wider integration impacts of the solution in other workstreams and functional areas, collaborate with other workstreams to manage effectively
- Provide input and drive the delivery of the CI plan using appropriate methodology to meet key milestones and deliverables.
- Work with business process experts and initiate solution discussions regarding new business requirements.
- Collectively support and sponsor business process improvement Change requests.
- Work closely with the Project Delivery team to protect the integrity of applications during both CI and project deployments across the organization.
- Collaborate with Support team and ensure CI teams act as Level 3 support as needed
- Act as the secondary level for escalations for risks and issues and drive forward proposed solutions to mitigate risk in line with the governance framework, ensuring adherence to change management processes and take ownership for solution change requests.
- Engage and collaborate with senior business representatives to organise and deliver clear, specific requirements
- Work with business process experts to manage business readiness
- Understand in detail the benefits case and change impacts of the project and communicate effectively to stakeholders where appropriate.
- Lead business process overviews and solution confirmation workshops from a technical standpoint
- Provide thought leadership within the team demonstrating an in-depth functional knowledge of Applications as a whole
- Ensure that company Policies, Standards and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) are adhered to at all times.
- As a member of the global JM-IT/Unify community you will be a champion of the function's values and culture, while demonstrating and openly encouraging the behaviours expected from a professional, best in-class team.
How to apply:
- Significant experience working in a team management technical role supporting MoM systems and implementations.
- Be a highly experienced MES professional with significant experience working on multiple, complex CI MoM projects
- Significant exposure to either MES business processes used within Manufacturing Organisations
- Significant experience in requirement gathering, complex solution definition and driving large charge
- Proven ability to convey complex technical terms to non-technical users
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of integrated technical design concepts and principles within a global organisation
- Relevant developer qualifications (varies by specialism), and significant experience with bespoke and off the shelf MES applications is desirable
- Knowledge of SDLC processes e.g. Agile (Scrum, Kanban), Waterfall, along with awareness of latest technologies and frameworks
- Awareness of ITIL principles
If you have the necessary skills and experience to join our team, please apply online. Closing date for applications: 6 December 2021
Johnson Matthey Plc is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/95600958