Lyra Electronics is a growth-stage high-technology engineering company working at the leading edge of power electronics and battery technologies.
With established roots in motorsport and the automotive industry, Lyra Electronics serves the growing demands of any industry that is looking to embrace electrification to improve its cost performance and environmental footprint.
Lyra specialises in high efficiency, compact and high-performance DC-DC converters, motor drive inverters, battery management systems and other power electronics topologies to support electrification of all industries.
We at Lyra Electronics are looking to recruit the highest calibre engineers to join our highly motivated team to make their own contribution to a fast-growing company in a fast-moving industry.About the role
As Team Leader, reporting to the Engineering Manager, you will manage a team of engineers within the Electronics & Power Electronics department. You will work alongside technical specialists in the Power Electronics field and will execute and delegate tasks as appropriate to ensure delivery of the highest performance on time and on budget.
You will work closely with the Team Leaders of Software, Systems and Mechanical Engineering to ensure a co‑ordinated approach to design, development and delivery.
You will have a good understanding of the fundamentals of electronics and have experience designing power electronics systems such as DCDCs, SMPS, inverters and motor drives. Knowledge of switching devices (e.g. MOSFETs, IGBTs, SiC etc.) and gate drive circuits is essential.
You will be familiar designing systems to work on low voltage (LV) and high voltage (HV) (automotive or similar) electrical systems, 12V/24V vehicle buses, CAN bus and other appropriate technologies, as well as HV traction & charging systems.
You will be comfortable taking responsibility for the performance of your team and you will demonstrate natural leadership behaviour.
You will integrate your own methods and ideas in order to deliver the company's technical innovations.
Lastly, you will enjoy working as part of a close-knit team where every individual's contribution matters and where you will have the freedom to interact directly with every member of the business.Responsibilities
To fulfil the role, you will
Minimum educational qualifications
- Manage a team of engineers
- Drive budgetary requirements, recruitment and strategy
- Be responsible for the professional development of your team
- Ensure adherence to requirements documentation
- Ensure technical delivery
- Support the development of, and ensure adherence to, project plans
- Support product documentation (e.g. design notes, bills of materials, user manuals)
- Understand the implications of ISO26262
- Be familiar with ASIL ratings and Functional Safety
- Be capable of the highest quality of communication to your team, the Project Management team, the Engineering Manager and customers
- Be comfortable working directly with customers including, from time to time, on‑site at their premises
- Understand the importance of test, quality assurance and release processes and assure strict adherence to these at all time
- Demonstrate a self-motivated approach to problem solving
- Exhibit strong ownership behaviour and demonstrate commitment to the whole business
• Degree in Electronics Engineering or equivalent.Previous Experience
• You will have a minimum of ten years working within a similar field including at least three years leading a teamOther advantageous skills
- Knowledge of the use and limitations of lab test equipment and instrumentation
- Experience of MATLAB, LTspice, Eagle, Altium, Rhapsody & Doors.
- Familiarity with embedded software
- Experience of working with electric vehicles
- Knowledge of designing for high voltages (
- Experience of DFMEA
- Experience with ISO26262, or similar, and (A)SIL rated system
- with designing hardware to integrate with power electronics
- Experience designing magnetics (inductors/transformers etc)
- Salary range £55,000 - £75,000 depending on experience and ability
- Unlimited Leave
- Lyra contributes 5% towards each staff members pension scheme contribution
- Group Life (4 times basic annual salary)
- Employee Assistance Programme