Apprentice AccountantOpportunities in both Tax and Accounts & AuditNewcastle upon TyneStarting salary of £15,000 andfully funded training and study support for your path to Chartership!
People expect us to be qualified to advise individuals, their business and their family - and we are. But that's not enough for people to want to build a relationship with us.
We believe it's the sort of people we are that makes that happen.
We're a unique group of individuals that make up a close team, we carry a depth of experience and a shared commitment to our clients and each other.
All of our staff are essential to the business, without them we would not be able to deliver the level of service we aspire to.
We are people who love where we work. We are Leathers. Want to join us?
We are looking for agile thinkers; team players; people who want to join us and share our vision. If you are just looking for a job, we are probably not for you. If you are looking for a chance to work in a team that truly believes in itself and each other then welcome aboard.
We believe this opportunity is perfect for a recent (or soon to be) school leaver who is at the beginning of their career journey and wants to support the Leathers team with administrative duties, while learning and gaining exposure to working in an accountancy firm.
We will develop your knowledge in either Tax or Accounts & Audit and your responsibilities will start to include -Tax -
- Supporting with the completion of tax returns to includecollecting initial information, scanning, inputting data into tax software, preparation of tax calculations and preparation of final documents to issue to clients
- Drafting letters/emails includingengagement letters and covering letters/emails to clients
- Maintaining client logs for personal tax returns
- Assisting with preparationof monthly payroll for a variety of clients, to include obtaining information and assisting with client queries
Accounts and Audit -
- Assisting preparation of fee notes and WIP write offs
- Assisting with general administration duties both within the department and in the office, to include office filing, scanning, new client setups and cloud based working
- Assisting with overall practice development in terms content for marketing, events, seminars and webinars.
- Assisting with bookkeeping on behalf of multiple clients
- Being involved in preparation of year end accounts
- Working with accounting software including Sage to provide day to day bookkeeping services
- Completing any reviewrecommendations provided by the Accounts and Audits Senior team
- Managing bookkeeping records, creatingstatements, and providing analysis
- Taking responsibility for all admin duties for clients as required
- Preparing the bookkeeping records to assist the Tax team in the preparation of the VAT returns
- Reviewing monthly portfolios on clients' behalf and providing monthly reconciliations
- Providing monthly management accounts
- The management of clients trade debtors and creditors ledger
- Advising the Accounts and Audits Senior of any discrepancies with clients accounts or bills
The successful candidates will -
- Assisting with general administration duties both within the department and in the office generally
- Be educated to A-Level standardor equivalent
- Be a confident self-starter with the motivation to have a successful career within accountancy
- Have strong written and numeracy skills
- Be a proactive problem solver
- Have strong communication skills both written and orally
- Take pride in all work and want to complete work to a high standard
- Have a desire to learn
What we offer -
- Structured pay scale with increments for exam passes and annual performance reviews
- Fully funded training and study support for your path to Chartership
- 20 days' annual leave core entitlement...plus 1 day for your birthday...plus 1.5 days gifted by the partners for Christmas
- Tuition provided by a national external professional provider
- Tuition during work hours
COVID safe Assessment Centres will run February 2022September starts required
- Auto enrolment pension scheme