Are you looking for a pivotal financial role at a high-growth, mission-led food brand?
Kenny Recruit are looking for a Finance Manager to join an exciting and hard hitting healthy food brand. As this company's first financial hire, you'll play a central role in a fast-scaling, entrepreneurial company, with scope for rapid professional growth
Reporting directly to, and working closely alongside, Co-Founder & MD, we are looking for an ambitious Finance Manager to manage the Finance function. As Finance Manager, you'll lead on forecasting, budgeting and reporting in the business, manage the day-to-day work of our external accountants, and have a wider brief to drive forward "special projects" within the business. The position would suit someone looking to make their first move into industry from an accountancy firm, or with experience working in a relevant industry team, seeking an entrepreneurial role with lots of scope to shape a high-growth business.Pay:
£45,000 - £55,000 per annum + benefits (dependent on experience and qualifications) + study support + EMI share scheme + discretionary bonusLocation:
London Bridge (hybrid working)Working hours:
9.00am - 6.00pm
Reporting and forecasting
- Own data-sharing across the business, so that each team has visibility of key financial metrics in their areas;
- Work with our external accountants to create a monthly reporting pack to share with the business;
- Alongside our MDs, lead the production and documentation of annual budgets / business plan, and ensure we're reporting accurately against them;
- Work closely with our supply chain and sales teams, to ensure accurate forecasts and sufficient (but zero waste) stock purchases;
- Prepare financials and take the lead in drafting our quarterly board pack;
- Support the UK-registered charity where it needs support in reporting.
Day-to-day financial management
- Ownership of our internal accounting system (Xero) and other reporting software (Unleashed for stock management & margin analysis);
- Manage our external accountants to ensure all transactional finance functions are carried out weekly (including bank / credit control postings);
- Complete statutory accounting (including year-end) with our external advisors, as well as tax submissions (in multiple markets) and R&D reclaims.
Strategic & Special Projects
- Develop and implement improved systems and processes for data-sharing and financial management across the business;
- Lead on analysis of entry into new markets, including managing regulatory and fiscal compliance as the business expands;
- Take on leadership of environmental impact and monitoring of the same in the business;
- Help drive a culture of best financial practice across the business (the role will suit someone keen to get stuck in and work with team members across the team)
- You're a qualified Accountant or equivalent with 0-2 years' post qualification experience OR finalist;
- You bring an entrepreneurial mindset, with the drive to constantly improve;
- You're excited to work in a high-growth start-up, and get stuck in to team life;
- You have excellent attention-to-detail, problem-solving, and organisational skills;
- You're data-driven;
- You're loaded with the drive and ambition to join us in grafting hard to build a great business;
- You're a team player, looking for a challenge;
We've been candidates too so we know how frustrating it is if you don't hear back from a job application. We'd love to respond to everyone, however given the high volume of responses we receive from the combination of job boards, social media and other sources and despite our best efforts, we simply can't get back to every application - We know that's not what you want to hear but we hope you'll understand?
Short-listed candidates will obviously be contacted for this specific role and if you haven't heard from us within a week, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
We will keep your CV on file to contact you with regards to future roles and any other advice to help you, however if you do not wish to remain on our database, please let us know and we will obviously remove you. Alternatively, feel free to contact us for a chat.