A Security Cleared Risk Manager is required for a 6 month contract (Inside IR35) within an MOD organisation.
Due to the nature of the environment, it is essential that you hold current and valid Security Clearance, held by the MOD or a supplier into this sector.
The role will be based remotely with an occasional need to visit the main site in Corsham once a week.Responsibilities will include:
Key Skills / Requirements:
- Maintain the Risk Management Strategy and plans for effective Risk Management in accordance with best practice, Departmental policy and the complexity of the change initiative.
- Ensure compliance with, and plans the continuous improvement of, PD Risk and Issues strategies(y), processes and procedures within change initiatives or sub-organisation(s).
- Provide effective and efficient advice on PD Risks and Issues to Project/Programme Managers and senior leaders.
- Develop a programme of regular risk and issue reviews with key stakeholders.
- Point of professional knowledge and expertise on PD Risk and Issue Management for their sub-organisation.
- Supports the business in identifying appropriate strategies for dealing with Risk and Issues.
- Responsible for facilitating the identification, analysis and monitoring of PD Risks and Issues.
- Plans the periodic reporting of risk and ad-hoc PD Risk and Issues reports to meet changing customer demands.
- Undertakes qualitative and quantitative risk analysis, as required by Governance bodies. Establish and maintains the Risk, Issues and Assumptions database and register(s) for the change initiative(s).
- Budgeting & cost management
- Commercial & procurement skills
- Solutions development/Governance
- Experience of working in a Risk and Issue Management role
- APM or equivalent (PRINCE or Degree)
- MOR or similar - Desirable
- IT/ICT background - Desirable
- MOD background - desirable