An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Finance Business Partner to join a public sector organisation based in East London.
The role will act as lead Finance Business Partner for a defined set of services within the organisation, providing financial support to Directors and other budget holders.
Knowledge, skills and experience required:
- Demonstrable experience of accounting principles, policies and practices including experience of year end closure of accounts
- Experience of working in large complex organisations and supporting the financial management of significant budgets, ideally within the public sector
- Ability to identify and resolve financial problems and issues
Key duties will include:
- Budget monitoring and forecasting
- Technical advice in specialist areas
- Provision of accurate and timely reports on relevant financial issues and performance
- Providing data analysis and options appraisal to enable decision making
- Budget setting and financial planning
- Year end processes including providing specified notes to the accounts
- Staying informed of financial regulations and legalities relevant to the service area and public sector finance
- Identify training needs of service managers and staff in relation to financial management
- To coordinate year end processes for a defined set of services and ensure compliance
- To ensure the preparation of all relevant statutory returns, statistic and grant claims
- To produce financial reports for departmental management meetings, partnership meetings and other key meetings
- Provide financial advice and assistance
- Monitor and evaluate finance processes and procedures
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://candidate-privacy