Pertemps Scotland Ltd are working with our client in Glasgow to recruit for a Covid Research Restart Grant Accountant in the Public Sector on a temporary basis of 6 months with a potential extension.
Day rate: £250 - £350 (Inside IR35) via Umbrella
- To act as senior finance liaison between CSGR and the organisation and other Finance colleagues in reconciling and reporting the impact on budget and forecasting following the conclusion of each reconciliation.
- Generate suitable reports from the organisations payment systems and other sources on impact of each 12 weekly reconciliation, including ensuring that any over/under payments to operators are correctly paid.
- To work closely with third party accountancy firm ensuring the accuracy and integrity of information reported for use by the organisation.
- To accurately report and explain any variances from budget and identify key financial risks therein. This to be undertaken on an on-going basis.
- Apply current technical accounting developments in robustly challenging bus operators on the acceptability of each reconciliation submission and the type and level of evidence required to support operator submissions.
- To robustly manage range of challenging stakeholders and to build relationships with internal colleagues, agents and third party suppliers and consultants. To support in the management of organisation Internal Audit and Audit Scotland.
- To contribute relevant information from the reconciliation process to the drafting of briefings and submissions prescriptive to a range of audiences and often at short notice.
- To undertake any other complex accounting tasks arising from the CSGR process and as directed by Head of Concessionary Travel & Integrated Ticketing Unit.
- Suitably qualified CCAB accountant.
- Ability to communicate with stakeholders at all levels, using appropriate styles, methods and timing, in order to maximise understanding and impact.
- Experience of fostering and maintaining productive relationships and influencing people at all levels, both internally and externally
- Some experience in forensic accounting and or audit would be advantageous.
Candidates are required to have a Basic Disclosure Scotland Certificate