Interim Finance Manager required for an organisation based in Stratford Upon Avon. This will be an initial 6 month contract.Main Purpose:
- To assist the Financial Controller to drive improvements to the financial control environment, to develop reporting, cost control and performance analysis
- To ensure plant performance is reported accurately and timely with the appropriate controls over costs in place
- To ensure the customer and supplier accounts are accurate and any issues resolved promptly
- To ensure financial transactions are reflected in the ledger accurately, timely and reconciled
- To ensure the financial controls are maintained to support the accounting and financial reporting of the business, contributing to the development of a continuous improvement approach to process improvement, standardisation and to systems development
- Oversee the preparation of month end reporting, including the preparation and review of journals, balance sheet reconciliations and monthly reporting
- To ensure the appropriate checks and controls for revenue, margin and overhead reporting are applied and improved as appropriate
- To prepare monthly management reporting, annual budgets and cashflow as required
- To prepare VAT returns and statutory reporting as required
- Management / Plant Reporting
- To work with the Management accountant to ensure aged debtor reporting and credit control activities are up to date and assisting with resolution of any issues that arise
- To work with the Plant Accountant to review internal production related reports and drive improvements to reporting
- To ensure Fixed Asset and Capital Expenditure reporting is accurate and provides management information of actual spend against approved spend, ensuring projects are within authorised limits
- To ensure controls over spare parts are managed with regular checks and reconciliations in place
- A self-starter who can work independently, is focused and determined, possess the ability to develop, articulate and support ideas and is able to progress them through to implementation.
- Has the ability to work to tight timescales, whilst ensuring stakeholder expectations and required goals are delivered in required time frames.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to communicate effectively with finance and non-finance departments. Business partnering experience with internal and external customers.
Experience / Qualifications
- Qualified Accountant with 5+ years working experience supporting manufacturing
- Experience of a process-based food manufacturing environment, is an advantage
- Strong analytical, project management and communications skills, and self-motivated
- Good understanding of internal control
- High degree of computer literacy, especially excel