Carrington West are assisting their local authority client based in the Home Counties in the search for a Development Management Team Leader on an initial 6-month contract.
- To lead and direct a Development Management Team in an appropriate, efficient and effective manner in order to provide a high-quality DM service to all customers.
- To provide appropriate specialist advice to, and work with the public, developers, agents, Members, key stakeholders and other persons and bodies as appropriate, in connection with development principles and all other related matters.
- To provide an efficient and effective service in terms of assessment of planning cases, considered recommendations and final delegated planning decisions on behalf of the Development Management Manager
- Preparing and presenting appropriate specialist technical evidence in response to planning appeals and other challenges to the decisions, and on behalf of, of the Local Planning Authority.
- To represent the Development Management Service and the Planning Department to external organisations, specifically at the Development Management Committees and at its related working parties and advisory groups.
- To provide appropriate specialist technical inputs into major development schemes and departmental/corporate initiatives, as required.
- To assist the Development Management manager in the management of the service.
- Other duties and responsibilities anticipated as part of the role which arise within the section or department.
To apply for this role, it is essential that you have worked in a development management local authority planning department at a similar level. You should hold a Post-graduate degree in planning, regeneration or a related discipline, and have the eligibility for membership of RTPI.
The council are looking for candidates who will be able to hit the ground running and are offering flexible working arrangements
Carrington West Pay Rate - £50 per/hour
Job Ref - 29026
Please call Cameron de Wit on 02393 876014 for a confidential discussion on this role, or email myself or our planning team if you are short of time to chat:
Carrington West's dedicated Town Planning Recruitment Team supply clients UK wide on both a permanent and contract basis and all levels of seniority. If this role is too senior, too junior or in a location that is unsuitable, but you are keen on options, please still feel free to apply and we can discuss other, often unadvertised roles with you.