At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We're committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that's welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Defence UK Ltd have an exciting opportunities for Systems Engineers at all levels within their Cyber, Intelligence and Analytics team. Roles will involve working directly with a National Security customer to support and influence the shape of solutions that are of national importance. As a Systems Engineer you will be at the leading edge of our operational work, collaborating closely in multi-function teams to design and assure solutions to their technology, process or service based problems. This role can be based at Cheltenham, Central London or Manchester.The Team:
As a successful candidate you will join an established Boeing team of like-minded peers, from all business Functions, who will support your development in your new role, to make sure you are successful and in your career with the Boeing Company. Though very much part of the Boeing team, you will also find yourself in the privileged position of working directly with our customer, at the core of an integrated programme or project team, addressing problems and opportunities of importance to the nation. Whether you are looking for rapid career growth, stability within a supportive team, or intellectual challenge, we will do our utmost to develop you to ensure you have the opportunity to enjoy a full career with the Boeing Company.
At Boeing we're committed to rewarding excellence and fostering an inclusive environment where team members are seen, heard, valued, respected and fully engaged. This is particularly relevant in the Government Services Team which encapsulates all of the advantages of being a small agile Business Unit but with the security and opportunities of working for one of the world's largest corporations. The Role:
As a Principal, Senior or Mid-level Boeing Systems Engineer you will be working very closely with our National Security customer to help them design and assure solutions to complex problems and to deliver change while it is relevant to national issues. This will involve working directly with the operational practitioner, supported by a multi-function Boeing team of Business Analysts, Project Managers, Security and Data Analytic experts, to understand, define, model and capture the design for change and to manage the verification and validation of the final solution.
To achieve this the ideal candidate will expected to:
- Own the engineering process across the full extent of the "Systems Engineering V" and drive excellence into all stages from Requirements elicitation and capture to solution validation
- Work confidently in the technology space with Agile practices and beside Business Analysts as they define the required user experiences (UX), the writing of user stories and the sketching of wireframes.
- Undertake stakeholder engagement alone and to own relationships with the Business Client
- Build relationships with customers and other members of the team and influence the direction of projects to ensure the desired aims are achieved and underpinned by Engineering Excellence
- Work collaboratively with third parties to deliver effective change while managing changing user needs within a project life cycle
- Provide mentoring and guidance to junior engineers within the programme, project or wider team
- Experience in Model Based Systems Engineering
- Experience with Cloud
- Degree in Engineering, Software or wider STEM discipline OR significant experience working in Engineering Design supported by a recognised qualification
- Problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience in Model Based Systems Engineering (such as MODAF/Archimate CCISSP)
- Knowledge of Agile Methodologies, Scrum Management, Epic and Sprint, MPV Management
- Experience in Cyber, Security, Policing, Commercial Cyber Solutions
This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. Candidates must have current legal authorisation to work immediately in the United Kingdom. Boeing will not attempt to obtain Immigration and labour sponsorship for any applicants. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll.Security Clearance:
This position requires the ability to obtain a UK security clearance for which the Government requires UK Citizenship.Relocation:
This position does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.Vaccination Requirements:
Boeing is implementing new requirements for employees to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19 or have an approved reasonable accommodation based on local legislation in several countries including U.S.-based employees. Please refer here for current vaccination and/or reasonable accommodation requirements, and timelines based on location.Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.