At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We're committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that's welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.Introduction:
Dreaming of what the future will be like? Come create it! Phantom Works International is The Boeing Company's applied technology research and development arm responsible for building the future ‒ creating innovative solutions and defining the next generation of autonomous aerospace technology. We are inventors, builders, designers, creators, architects and dreamers-making the impossible possible.The Role:
We are now recruiting for the position of Full Stack Software Engineer located at Fleet, (but with flexible working arrangements), to join our advanced concepts modelling and simulation development team.
Successful applicants for the position will be career full stack software developers with a depth of understanding and passion for software development and application design/architecture in areas such as; modelling and simulation, data visualisation/analytics, scientific computing, artificial intelligence, virtual reality and/or games development.
This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. Boeing will not attempt to obtain Immigration and labour sponsorship for any applicants. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll.Required Qualifications:
- Strong knowledge of Object Oriented design and principles
- Able to interpret engineering maths and physics concepts and implementing as software models and algorithms
- Ability to work effectively within an agile development team and with people across all organisational levels
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Ability to obtain a UK defence security clearance.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science/Software Engineering or related
- Minimum 2 years' experience in the desired technical disciplines
- Good knowledge of modern C++ principles and practices (C++11/14 mandatory, 17 desirable), C++ frameworks (eg Qt, Boost) and build systems (CMake)
- Experience in full-stack webtech application development, including design and implementation of asynchronous Web APIs (REST, SSE, WebSockets etc.), and demonstrated proficiency with modern server-side technologies and frameworks (Node, Express, Django, Mongo, etc.)
- Experience with modern 3D graphics and UI development (Unreal Engine, OpenGL, OpenSceneGraph, CesiumJS, WebGL)
- Experience with cloud and distributed platforms such as Docker, Puppet, Kubernetes, Cloud Foundry
- Experience using Windows and Linux operating systems
- Familiarity with other programing languages like C, C#, Python
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply asap for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.Important information regarding this requisition:
This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. CANDIDATES MUST HAVE CURRENT LEGAL AUTHORIZATION TO WORK IMMEDIATELY IN THE UNITED KINGDOM. BOEING WILL NOT ATTEMPT TO OBTAIN IMMIGRATION AND LABOUR SPONSORSHIP FOR ANY APPLICANTS. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll.Vaccination Requirements:
Boeing is implementing new requirements for employees to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19 or have an approved reasonable accommodation based on local legislation in several countries including U.S.-based employees. Please refer here for current vaccination and/or reasonable accommodation requirements, and timelines based on location.Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.