At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We're committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that's welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Defence UK (BDUK) is a subsidiary of the Boeing Company and currently employs over 1,200 people in the UK. We are responsible for delivering several exciting contracts to our UK defence customers including new capabilities like the E-7 Airborne Early Warning and Control (AEW&C) and the P-8A Maritime Patrol Aircraft, C4ISR Services, Support for the Chinook & Apache Fleets, Logistic Information Services and Training Services and are very much in a growth phase.
As a BDUK employee, you will have access to flexible working arrangements, benefits packaging, employee incentive programs and study assistance. You will also have access to many resources that you will be able to access in order to inform and support your development throughout your career with us.Overview:
We are looking for experienced Mission Systems Software Engineers with domain relevant systems to join our team.
The E-7 AEW&C programme comprises several workstreams spanning both the air and ground segments. We require a Software Engineer to join our team that play a key part for delivering the Ground Support Segment elements of the capability. You will have the opportunity to work in a growing agile and diverse engineering capability in close collaboration with colleagues in Boeing Defence Australia and the US in support of preparation and introduction into service of our E-7 Mission Systems and Ground Support Segment.
While we work in agile, faced-paced and dynamic environments, your wellbeing is important to us and we strive to find a healthy life balance and ethical team culture with a strong emphasis on openness, collaboration, innovation, safety and first time quality.Responsibilities will include:
- Setting up a development and sustainment solution for Airborne and Ground Segment Mission Systems and Simulation Software.
- Leading or supporting whole product lifecycle Software Engineering based on agile paradigms with a focus on quality and continuous delivery.
- Conducting engineering activities in accordance with plans while continually seeking out opportunities for improvement
- Collaboration with other team members, leaders and customer/subcontractor technical representatives
- Experience developing software in C++ or Java, or the planning, estimation and execution of complex software orientated projects across the whole Software lifecycle.
- Experience in Systems or Software Engineering in the Defence and/or Aerospace sector
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- Proficient IT skills
- A "drive to action" approach with the ability to be resilient and flexible in a fast-paced environment
Other job related information:
- Skills and domain experience in complex, real-time, multi-threaded, distributed systems
- Experience configuring, integrating and administrating software with complex hardware platforms, network solutions and software applications
- Experience in some of the following areas: C4ISTAR, Air platforms, Mission Systems, Ground Support Segments, Communication Systems and Networks, Training Systems and Training Related technology
- Skills and domain knowledge specific to Systems Engineering methodologies (including Model Based)
- Skills specific to contemporary Software Engineering tools including agile management, source code control and document configuration management systems, Test methodologies and technologies and Software accreditation
- Experience developing entity behaviour models, physical sensor models, terrain databases and training and simulation user interfaces and best of breed simulation products (VR Forces, VR Engage etc).Familiarity with distributed simulations and protocols (using HLA)
- We are flexible regarding virtual working, but you will need to be based within a commutable distance to one of the locations listed
- Willingness and eligibility to undergo SC level clearance is required
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. Candidates must have current legal authorisation to work immediately in the United Kingdom. Boeing will not attempt to obtain Immigration and labour sponsorship for any applicants. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll.
PLEASE NOTE: The successful candidate will be expected to undergo a SECURITY CHECK/CLEARANCEVaccination Requirements:
Boeing is implementing new requirements for employees to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19 or have an approved reasonable accommodation based on local legislation in several countries including U.S.-based employees. Please refer here for current vaccination and/or reasonable accommodation requirements, and timelines based on location.Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.