At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We're committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that's welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.Introduction
Boeing Global Services Training Solutions provides industry leadership in aviation training and capabilities, including custom software development, engineering and technical services, and a range of other services to support training centers. Come join the Vehicle Simulation Binary team as a Real Time Simulation Software Engineer part of Training Solutions.The Role
The selected candidate will be responsible for generating, analyzing, debugging, documenting and testing software that simulates the characteristics of aircraft systems based on system design documents. Integrates software components into a fully functional software system. Develops and executes test procedures documenting test results to ensure software system requirements are met. Develops, selects, and deploys software processes, tools and metrics.
The role will also support software integration and coordination activities with the local training campus in Gatwick and possibly other locations as required to ensure successful integration and acceptance of software as well as support qualifications of full flight simulators.
This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK in a hybrid virtual work arrangement allowing some telecommuting. Boeing will not attempt to obtain Immigration and labour sponsorship for any applicants. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll.Required Qualifications:
- Strong knowledge of modern C++ principles and practice
- Able to interpret engineering math and physics concepts and implement as software models and algorithms
- 10+ years of engineering experience in development and execution of flight simulations
- Ability to work effectively within an agile development team and with people across the globe
- Ability to communicate complex software concepts in both written and verbal formats to management as well as the technical team
- Ability to coach, mentor and motivate junior team members
Important information regarding this requisition:
- Bachelor/Master's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or Software Engineering
- Significant experience using both Linux and Windows operating systems
- Experience participating in software development cycles using agile methods and processes
- Experience with Visual Studio or Eclipse
- Experience using Boeing design documents, Specification Control Documents (SCDs), Interface Control Documents (ICDs), schematics and wiring diagrams to develop simulation software
This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. CANDIDATES MUST HAVE CURRENT LEGAL AUTHORIZATION TO WORK IMMEDIATELY IN THE UNITED KINGDOM. BOEING WILL NOT ATTEMPT TO OBTAIN IMMIGRATION AND LABOUR SPONSORSHIP FOR ANY APPLICANTS. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll.Vaccination Requirements:
Boeing is implementing new requirements for employees to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19 or have an approved reasonable accommodation based on local legislation in several countries including U.S.-based employees. Please refer here for current vaccination and/or reasonable accommodation requirements, and timelines based on location.Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.