At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We're committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that's welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Defence UK is responsible for delivering IT services to a number of customers both internal and external throughout the UK. The Infrastructure Automation Engineer is part of the Infrastructure Team working closely alongside other technical teams, service management and programme functions.
The Infrastructure Automation Engineer is responsible for developing and automating workflows, by taking existing practices and applying code to improve both efficiency and insight. Working at the highest level to provide automation and integration to bespoke software solutions through to the underlying infrastructure that is complex in nature. Maintaining and improving the quality and adherence to contractual SLA and KPI requirements of the programme within Boeing Defence UK (BDUK). Working alongside traditional infrastructure, middleware and application teams to enhance the existing support and delivery functions through development of 'Infrastructure as Code' and software packaging and deployment techniques.
The successful candidate will be working across multiple teams to enhance the user experience and delivery of a suite of bespoke applications, improving delivery and efficiencies in a strict ITIL governed environment.
This role will report the Infrastructure Manager :
Essential Skills and knowledge:
- Developing Dashboard views of Infrastructure estate
- Work closely with the diverse teams to support automation and its implementation
- Everything as code approach
- Collaborate with cross functional teams in the design, development and integration of automation techniques.
- Create new automation solutions and product offerings for infrastructure services.
- Perform analysis and value stream mapping of existing processes for the development of either new or improved automation.
- Document automation standards to be followed by the organisation
- Work closely with other teams across the business to improve efficiency of infrastructure such as service management
- Identify areas of automation
Good demonstrable experience in an Infrastructure role (Windows, UNIX, Virtualisation, Networking) either delivery or support.
Development of back-end systems software that improves sustainability and operations.
Software Development for automation techniques in production environments (One of the following, however other tools would also be considered)
Git repository derivative (BitBucket, GitLab)
Excellent communication skills both written and verbalDesirable:
- Experience of commissioning and managing an enterprise, on-premise Platform-as-a-Service, ideally RedHat Openshift
- Fluency in at least once scripting language such as Ruby, PowerShell, Python or Java.
- Experience of working within a secure environment
- Experience of containerisation such as Docker
- DevOps experience
SC eligibility is required
Hybrid Work Option (Virtual/Office): Yes with some travel to Bristol site as required
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Important information regarding this requisition: This position does not have sponsorship approval. This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. Candidates must have current legal authorisation to work immediately in the United Kingdom. Boeing will not attempt to obtain Immigration and labour sponsorship for any applicants. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll.
PLEASE NOTE: The successful candidate will be expected to undergo a SECURITY CHECK/CLEARANCEVaccination Requirements:
Boeing is implementing new requirements for employees to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19 or have an approved reasonable accommodation based on local legislation in several countries including U.S.-based employees. Please refer here for current vaccination and/or reasonable accommodation requirements, and timelines based on location.Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.