At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We're committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that's welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
An exciting opportunity has become available to join Boeing Defence UK as a Senior Software Simulation Engineer to support simulation and software development programmes.About the role
We are seeking an
Software Engineer to support Defence and Security domains at Boeing locations and Customer sites across the UK, including Autonomous Systems, C4ISR Systems, Training and Simulation, Cyber, Space, Intelligence and Security.
As a consequence of our growing business we have a number of exciting career opportunities within our Mission Systems Engineering Capability, which is responsible for the Research and Development of Advanced Technology and the Design, Development and Certification of our Mission Systems and Sub-Systems.
You will join a rapidly growing Engineering Capability with a culture for development, collaboration and success. Initially you will be assigned to our Simulation Programmes, which operate across the Air, Land and Maritime domains, with future opportunity to develop your interests across the breadth of the Mission Systems portfolio.
We work in an exciting, faced-paced and dynamic environment, but your wellbeing is important to us and we strive to find a healthy life balance and with an ethical team culture and strong emphasis on openness, collaboration, innovation, safety and first time quality.What we are looking for
To be successful you will have an appreciation of simulation software and systems engineering principals as well as experience working as part of a team to deliver technology-based products.
You will be a passionate and collaborative engineer eager to work in an agile and diverse engineering capability ideally with a degree or equivalent qualification in a relevant engineering or scientific field, as well as:
Essential experience in:
- Experience developing software against a set of requirements or needs
- Simulation development or application experience
- Appreciation of systems engineering practices and principles
- Degree in a numerate subject, ideally Computer Science is preferred
- Appreciation of Agile Software Engineering best practices
- Experience with one or more of C++, C#, Java, or closely related language
- Familiarity with contemporary integrated development environments including agile management, version control, issue tracking, code review and continuous integration methods and tools (ideally the Atlassian toolset)
- Familiarity with DevOps, Automation and CICD concepts
- Familiarity with Model Based Systems Engineering principals
- Familiarity with Solutions Architecture principals
- Familiarity with whole lifecycle Software Engineering exploiting contemporary tools and processes
- Willingness and eligibility to undergo SC level clearance is required
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Important information regarding this requisition: This position does not have sponsorship approval. This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. Candidates must have current legal authorisation to work immediately in the United Kingdom. Boeing will not attempt to obtain Immigration and labour sponsorship for any applicants. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll.
PLEASE NOTE: The successful candidate will be expected to undergo a SECURITY CHECK/CLEARANCEVaccination Requirements:
Boeing is implementing new requirements for employees to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19 or have an approved reasonable accommodation based on local legislation in several countries including U.S.-based employees. Please refer here for current vaccination and/or reasonable accommodation requirements, and timelines based on location.Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.