Company Shop Group is the largest commercial redistributor of surplus food and household products in the UK, enabling some of the biggest retailers, manufacturers, food service and logistics providers to unlock value from surplus stock, which may have otherwise gone to waste.
The surplus we handle is redistributed through our Company Shop stores and our award-winning social enterprise Community Shop where we build stronger individuals and more confident communities.
Working with our partners, we deliver an incredible impact and we're proud to be a good business doing good.About The Role
To consistently deliver great member service by truly putting our members at the heart of what we do, focusing on the store standards. To assist the section leader in co-ordinating the team of colleagues to consistently deliver outstanding performance, excellent store standards and who demonstrate an uncompromising view on the service we provide to members. Ensure that you assist the section leader to deliver the day to day operation of the department through routine processes and practices.
Our stores are successful when we are all in it together and deliver a great experience for our members, by doing the right thing, you will make a difference.Accountabilities And Responsibilities
- Reporting into the section leader, you will be responsible for ensuring the team are motivated to deliver the day to day delivery of the department
- Alongside the section leader, effectively communicate with and co-ordinate the team of departmental colleagues to consistently deliver an excellent department
- Ensure standards remain high and continually look for ways to improve
- Support the section leader with any departmental tasks that are required
- Ensure that all Health, Safety & Environmental policies and practices are upheld, whilst proactively encouraging your team to promote a culture of good HSE practice
- Continuously review waste within your department and seek solutions to reduce wastage where possible
- Assist the section leader with daily huddles and ensure that all tasks set are completed efficiently by team members
- Support the section leader and assist with development plans of colleagues, by making recommendations and coaching rising stars
- Create an engaging department where colleagues are trusted by our members and are aware that they are at the heart of everything we do
- Ensure that our colleagues uphold our culture and deliver an expectational member experience
Skills of a Team Leader
- Lead by example and uphold Company Shop Group values at all times
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships
- Ability to effectively plan and organise workloads
- Able to work to strict deadlines
- A want and desire to develop and progress within your role
- A commitment to your own personal development and continued learning
- To be flexible and adaptable to support the needs of the business
Location- Company Shop, Middleton
Rate of pay- £9.55 per hour
2x 30 hour Team Leader vacancies
The hours of work are between 6am-11pm any 5 over 7 days per week.
You should also note that we need our Team Leaders to be fully ﬂexible about when they work to cover the store operational hours, which includes evenings, weekends and bank holidays.
Benefits- All training provided; membership to Company Shop; free 2x death in service cover; Pension; Annual Flu Injections (optional); Perkbox; On site Parking