Amazon opened its virtual doors in 1995 and strives to be the world's most customer-centric company, where customers can find and discover anything they might want to buy online. The goal of Amazon Logistics is to build a world class last mile operation. Amazon Logistics aims to exceed the expectations of our customers by ensuring that their orders, no matter how large or small, are delivered as quickly, accurately, and cost effectively as possible.
The European Amazon Logistics team is seeking an accomplished, analytical, hands-on and customer obsessed Program Manager to join the Amazon Logistics Engineering team in the EU based in Luxembourg. You will be responsible for supporting WW standardization efforts, whilst also supporting Process Engineers and Project Engineers with the necessary analytical insights to optimize operational processes on an ongoing basis. You will own 3 core functions: (1) Own the program management of EU Capacity Planning products and help plan and deliver these products in collaboration with the Process and Project engineers, (2) Own analytics, drive insights & optimization for all planning cycles (3 Year Plan, Operational Plans (OP1/OP2), R&Os and Peak/Prime Day Plans), and (3) Standardize, automate, centralize and scale the management of our reporting capabilities (SharePoint, Amazon Workdocs and other sharing tools) with the creation and maintenance of a central Engineering database. The role is inherently cross-functional. You will have an opportunity to work with a group of talented program/project managers, process/project engineers, and business leaders to design the Amazon Logistics network of the future.
To be successful in this role, you should be able to work in a dynamic environment, think big and be comfortable navigating complexity and ambiguity. This position requires deep customer focus, strong self-motivation and exceptional project management skills. You will be a detail-oriented and comfortable supporting large, complex cross-functional Engineering projects. You should have strong business and communication skills, be comfortable in analyzing data to provide data-driven recommendations, and be able to partner with stakeholders to define key business requirements. Lastly, you will be expected to have a detailed understanding of our business and operations while never losing sight of the broader problems that we are trying to solve.
· Support team members with data collection and analytical insights as part of network-wide process improvement projects,
· Build and maintain a database of engineering/physical attributes as defined with process/project engineers working backward from project/program needs, in order to determine how best to design the data management setup,
· Drive standardization in building layout storage and format,
· Support reporting cycles for Process Engineering/Capacity as well as Prime and Peak tracking partnership with leader of Peak Captains,
· Capacity program management and analytics (e.g. define best station design configuration to align with customer demand profile),
· Central management of our SharePoints, Workdocs and other sharing tools,
· Own analytics, drive insights & optimization supporting PE/Capacity requests,
· Build, maintain and automate recurring metrics and reports using SQL, Excel and/or other scripting languages. Build insightful visualizations using Tableau (or QuickSight, etc.) to monitor the impact of implemented solutions,
· Contribute in process design workshops and problem solving sessions.
· Bachelor's degree in Operations, Engineering or Logistics, Supply Chain, Mathematics or equivalent) (operational Black Belts welcome)
· Excellent Project Management skills
· Fluent in English
· Extensive experience as a Business Analyst/Business Intelligence Engineer or Systems Analyst in a company with large, complex data sources.
· Knowledge of at least one other EU language (preferably German, French, Italian or Spanish),
· Advanced Degree (Master's, PhD) in a technical field (Computer Science, Information Management, Mathematics, Business Informatics, Statistics).
· Experience using SQL, PowerBI or other Business Intelligence tools.
· Independently driven, resourceful, and able to deliver results.
· High level of written, verbal and intepersoanl skills
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.