DENSO is one of the largest technology suppliers in the global automotive industry. Our products and systems are an important part of nearly every major vehicle manufactured around the world. DENSO is at the forefront of advanced technology and is in a unique position to shape the future of mobility. We see this not just as an opportunity to create technologies that enable motion, but as a responsibility to influence the direction of that movement towards safety, sustainability and a greater need for inspiration. With more than 200 subsidiaries and affiliates across 5 continents, DENSO is powered by a global workforce of about 170,000 individuals, whose expertise in research and development, engineering, manufacturing, sales and operations, enable us to continuously develop core technologies designed to respond to the industry and society's evolving needs by pushing the boundaries of what's possible.
DENSO Automotive UK Ltd is based in the heart of the UK automotive industry and provides development engineering and account management for a number of car makers.
Find more information at https://www.denso.com/uk/en/Job DescriptionMain Purpose of the Job
This role is to support DENSO's commercial, project management and delivery related activities for CATERPILLAR and Cummins HD/Off Highway business and to assist in growing this business. Main Tasks of the Job
- Handle daily project management, commercial and delivery queries emanating from the customer and from within the global DENSO organisation.
- Solve those issues or establish how best to resolve them in conjunction with DENSO global offices and/or DENSO manufacturing sites worldwide.
- Ensure the appropriate and timely progression of projects, with reporting and escalation as required to Sales management, to DENSO offices and DENSO manufacturing sites.
- Input into related areas of DNUK's sales planning process.
- Identify and progress areas of business expansion in conjunction with management.
- Personnel - No direct supervisory responsibilities but able to work on own initiative and with others.
- Resources - After training period, responsible for day-to-day tasks within the scope of account management including debt control of the components/accounts, plant and customer logistics issues and commercial task management, efficient use of all available resources and manpower to progress work successfully.
- Planning - deriving, agreeing and implementing short and medium-term plans for effective project control (engineering and commercial). Contributing towards longer term and strategic planning in conjunction with DNUK management.
- Decisions - Commercial decisions will need managerial consultation/approval. Day to day project and account management decisions mainly with the jobholder (for major decisions in this area managerial approval should be sought), adherence to DENSO Sales Procedures relating to the boundaries between jobholder and line manager. Additional authority will be delegated as soon as relevant capability has been proven.
Either based at DENSO Automotive UK's office in Coventry, home working or a combination of both. Travel as required to customer sites and occasional travel to other DENSO offices/Plants.Qualifications
Degree in Business or other relevant commercial area.
Engineering degree: preferred to be in Mechanical, Automotive, or similar but could be in Electrical/Electronic or other.
Additional InformationWhat We Offer You
Comprehensive Flexible benefits package,
including generous holiday & pension schemes
Continuous development opportunities
Flexible working hours
Discretionary annual bonus
All equipment necessary to do your job
It has come to our attention that various individuals have contacted people offering false employment opportunities with DENSO. Such scams are fraudulent and intended to steal from the victims.
By making you aware of this, we hope to avoid and ultimately stop victims from falling for this scam. Please do not provide any personal or financial information and do not send any money to anyone you suspect of recruitment fraud.
If you are contacted by someone whom you suspect may not be appropriately representing DENSO, please email: EU_DIEU_TALENTACQUISITION@eu.denso.com. Please forward the original email that you received that includes the original subject line and complete header information.
Do not send CVs or vacancy applications to that email address as it will not be reviewed or considered. If you wish to apply for a job, please submit your application for an open position to https://careers.smartrecruiters.com/DENSOINTERNATIONALEUROPE