We're working in partnership with a leading Worcestershire based retailer who are looking for a forward thinking and ambitious category manager to take ownership and manage the sourcing and merchandising of their range of key categories.
This is a really exciting opportunity to join a business who have strong growth plans and who have continued to succeed year on year. Day to day you will:
Their perfect person:
- Take ownership and management of a range of key categories.
- Ensure that sales, margin, and profit expectations are achieved, whilst ensuring the business remains competitive.
- Maximise category performance with a 'hands-on' involvement of pricing, availability, ranges, and suppliers.
- Be responsible for all aspects of merchandising, ensuring products are accurately represented and remain up to date.
- Develop and enhance relationships with suppliers and ensure they understand and meet service requirements.
- Regularly undertake Product and Category range reviews and take appropriate steps to ensure ranges are maximising sales and revenue.
- Collaborate with the marketing team and email marketing campaigns by suggesting and influencing commercial initiatives to ensure product performance is continually enhanced.
- Is a highly positive, enthusiastic individual who can work independently using own initiative.
- Are competent in excel - ability to analyse data to present in a clear manner.
- Has excellent communication skills to build strong working relationships internally and externally.
- Is confident and innovative to generate ideas and improvements.
- Has strong time management skills and is able to manage and prioritise their workload.
- Has a high level of attention to detail and an ability to react quickly to changes.
- Previous experience within sourcing and/or merchandising in an FMCG environment would be advantageous.
Based out of their head office in South Worcestershire, this role offers a hybrid working model and they are very flexible around working hours.
You will also be entitled to staff discounts on their products, a cycle to work scheme and a car scheme after a qualifying period. In addition to that, the client is offering pension, life assurance and free onsite parking for whenever you're in the office.
For more information on this role, please reach out to Steve Smaylen via email (email@example.com) or via mobile on 07375 544689.