Employer description: About NUAST
NUAST is an 11-19 academy specialising in Science, Engineering and IT.
The academy opened to Year 10 and Year 12 students in September 2014 and moved into its new, state-of-the-art facility in November 2014. From September 2018, NUAST will be admitting its first batch of students into Year 7.
Located opposite the Queen's Medical Centre, within walking distance of the University of Nottingham's Park Campus, the NUAST building has been designed to provide students and staff with the very best facilities and equipment, preparing students for degrees and modern apprenticeships in our specialist subjects.
NUAST works in collaboration with the University of Nottingham and is supported by leading industry partners including Rolls-Royce, Siemens and Experian. The Nova Education Trust are the education partners, overseeing the day-to-day running of the academy. About QA:
Through our selected Apprenticeship training provider QA, you'll receive the very best training available anywhere in the UK, with structured training and mentoring both from the training provider and through our own team.
The successful candidate will enrol onto QA's ICT Level 3 Cloud Support Specialist Apprenticeship standard, a 15-month qualification which incorporates both on the job & classroom learning. Overview:
You will have the opportunity to gain valuable skills, knowledge and experience as you complete an ICT Level 3 Cloud Support Technician Apprenticeship.
Your main duties as a Support Technician Apprentice is to provide IT support within NUAST's IT Team.
You'll be a key part of maintaining, high standards and communicating with stakeholders. Main role and responsibilities:
In time, this role will become far reaching, as well as providing telephone and email queries:
Desired skills and qualities:
- Providing 1st line support
- Supporting with queries and answering incoming phone calls and emails.
- Working to resolve support issues through the service desk software.
- Project work whilst working through the apprenticeship.
- Establish and diagnose ICT problems/faults.
- Communicate with stakeholders keeping them informed, managing expectations and building relationships.
- We can of course help you to develop your skills, but you'll need to bring enthusiasm and character to the table.
- You will need to have good interpersonal skills and be able to build strong relationships.
- You'll need to have the desire to learn new skills and develop your current skills.
- A can-do attitude
- Passionate about IT and Tech
You need to have 5 GCSE's:
- Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades D or above
- 3x GCSE's grade A-C in any other subject
You must not already have a qualification in a similar subject at the same level, or higher level than this apprenticeship.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.Find out more here:https://Qualifications/UKQRS/Default.aspxImportant Information:
QA's apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.