Our client based in Horsham are looking to recruit a General Ledger Accountant on a temp to perm assignment.
The GL Accountant function is responsible for accurate & timely accounting of all general ledger bookings
This role will work closely with the Senior Finance Manager Finance & Accounting, the CTDEMEAAP Team, the divisional Accounting and Controlling, the corporate Accounting & Controlling teams and the EMEAFP&A team.
The position holder will report to the Senior Finance Manager Finance & Controlling, CTDEMEA.Key Responsibilities:
- Prepare and process all the bookings for all Accruals, Prepayments, IC transactions and Inventory
- Prepare and submit the VAT statements to local authorities
- Reconcile all the general ledger accounts in Blackline
- Liaising with internal and external stakeholders, interaction and assistance with other members of the finance team
- Completes and manages other projects and ad hoc requests as per business need
- Demonstrates and promotes the company vision, values and competencies
- Candidate will demonstrate proficiency in the following areas: general ledger knowledge, monthly, quarterly and annual closing and financial reporting.
- The ideal candidate will show passion for finance & accounting activities
- The ability to identify process and control gaps and champion improvement initiatives through Practical Process Improvement.
- The ideal candidate will have a commitment to continuous learning, show career progression and development, and seek opportunities to stretch capabilities.
- Good skills with MS Excel are required; Further IT skills such as CODA and Job Router are beneficial.
- • Apprenticeship in Finance or Accounting
- • 5 years proven experience in General Ledger and other Operational Finance roles
*First Recruitment Services are acting as an employment business in relation to this vacancy.