A Finance Director is being recruited by The CFO Practice for an exciting and fast-growing Series A backed business in the technology sector. The Company mission is to help make the world net-zero carbon faster! They have secured over $5m funding over the last 12 months and plan to grow from 30-90 staff in the next year. The business has a carbon accounting platform that helps companies automate the measurement, reporting and reduction of greenhouse gas emissions to underpin corporate climate action.
The Company is looking to continue its business growth and also focus on developing its back-office function. With a COO appointment imminent, the business is keen to appoint a Finance Director to bring finance in-house and implement first-class financial processes, reporting and controls. The Head of Finance will report to the COO, working closely with the CEO and other key stakeholders to help deliver against the business's financial goals. The Finance Director will be happy to take a hands-on approach to develop a best in class finance function from day one.
- The Finance function will be the envy of others; currently, finance is outsourced. You'll be responsible for restructuring how finance is done, identifying what to outsource and what should be built in-house.
- The processes will be world-class: You'll review existing processes and implement new ones and processes, and find ways to continually improve these. You'll be able to apply knowledge of best practice that you've picked up from elsewhere, as well as develop your own approaches.
- From systems to manage and track expenses and invoices, to developing and managing financial models, you'll be able to set up the business for continued success.
There are a range of experiences and skills that are likely to help you succeed in this role, including that:
- You have prior experience working in a Head of Finance capacity ideally in a B2B or SaaS focused start-up funded business
- You're a graduate and qualified accountant (ACA or CIMA) with experience of IFRS and UK GAAP
- You love processes, systems and metrics. You find opportunities to implement lean frameworks so that the company can operate more efficiently with regards to its finances every day, in a scalable way
- You are exceptionally organised. Structured meetings notes are not a nice to have for you; they are key to growing a company at the pace demanded by our mission
- You are an expert communicator and influencer. You easily build relationships within our team and with our external stakeholders. We want you to be a 'culture-champion' within the organisation and likewise 'sell' the business to everyone you come across
- You are comfortable making decisions and welcome autonomy You can handle the ambiguity and challenges a start-up environment can bring
- You are passionate about the mission. "Does it get the world to net-zero carbon faster?" Expect to ask yourself this question regularly when working in the business
What's in it for you?
- Accelerating the global fight against climate change through corporate ESG responsibility
- Being part of a supportive, collaborative team full of amazing talent
- Bringing advanced software solutions to a vital but antiquated industry
- Leading on the fundamental initiatives, systems and structures in Finance that will propel the business to have large-scale global impact
- Helping to manage the chaos of growing a company (and sometimes contributing to that chaos)
The business also offer a range of benefits that they feel are critical to a happy, productive workplace, including unlimited holiday, a personalised workspace, flexible working hours, social impact time off, professional development, mental health time off, generous pension matching, and fitness and professional development stipends.