Pertemps are recruiting for a Research Finance Administrator to work with a Public Sector organisation on a one year assignment. This role will involve working in a team of three and will provide high-level administrative support and advice to Principal Investigators, other grant award holders and Small Research Facility (SRF) Managers to support the pre and post-award research grant administration process.
Role: Research Finance Administrator
Hours: 35hrs per week Mon-Fri
Location: Edinburgh City Centre
Pay: £15.76 per hour
Assignment: 1 year
- Providing advice to Principal Investigators and research grant budget holders in financial accounting, budgeting and procurement to support the pre and post-award research grant administration process. Supporting project managers with advice on fund management and report writing. Liaising with PIs and HR and Finance to ensure that expenditure is charged and recorded in accordance with research funding body regulations and policies.
- Conducting feasibility studies and assisting with the development of business plans. Providing ongoing support for established SRFs; maximising their income by ensuring that appropriate pricing is applied and that cash flow is maintained by timely invoicing, conducting regular financial reviews in association with Managers to aid decision-making in relation to business strategy, assisting in the marketing of services by creating and updating Website and Wiki pages.
- Monitoring actual and committed expenditure on research grant budgets in order to prepare and submit financial reports to funding bodies and to provide management information to PIs and managers.
- Initiating and implementing improvements to processes and procedures. Continuously developing and expanding knowledge about policies, research funders' requirements and European grant conditions.
- Providing other appropriate finance and research related support to the Research Finance Manager and staffing team as required.
- Educated to degree level
- Previous financial admin experience
- Experience of working/responding independently and dealing with unforeseen problems and circumstances as well as working with team members
- Excellent organisation and time management abilities
- Strong communication skills, written and oral and also evidence of experience in writing reports
- Experience of providing analysis and strategic advice to senior managers
- Flexible approach to work
Please submit your CV today to be considered for this role.