At Britvic we're on a journey to become the most dynamic soft drinks company. As one of the UK's leading players in the FMCG market we pride ourselves on setting high standards, being courageous and pushing ourselves to think outside the bottle.
The Britvic Procurement team is responsible for sourcing all goods and services our business needs to operate. This includes our Direct product requirements for packaging and ingredients as well as supporting wider business needs for Indirect purchasing. Our vision is to continually deliver increasing value for Britvic's through the timely execution of reasoned strategies by a creative, effective, strategic, passionate, and professional team.About the Role
The Senior Category Manager, Packaging is responsible for leading the Plastic and Secondary Packaging team for GB & Ireland, to develop, document and implement its sourcing strategies. This role will play a major part in ensuring that Britvic creates and retains a commercial advantage in the marketplace through effective strategy execution. The role reports to the Procurement Director - Packaging and Ingredients, and has 3 direct reports. A critical role, we are looking for someone with a strong background in category-lead procurement and demonstrable experience in managing complex commodity-based portfolios.Key Responsibilities:
What we're looking for:
- Direct category management responsibility for PET Resin (Virgin PET and Recycled PET) and other Packaging Materials as deemed required.
- Develop and manage the sourcing strategy for the transition from virgin PET to recycled PET.
- Lead the Plastic and Secondary Packaging team in developing and implementing its sourcing strategies for all sub-categories including primary plastic packaging and secondary packaging.
- Develop synergies by working collaboratively with the Brazil, France, and other business units to deliver value, simplify the sourcing operation and mitigate risk.
- Supply chain and value engineering work to deliver cost reduction projects and opportunities.
- Lead or facilitate engagement with R&D and NPD organisations in relation to Packaging
- A subject matter expert in packaging materials or plastic packaging is highly desirable
- Knowledge of commodity markets and financial instruments for managing commodities.
- Knowledge of international supply chains, including sea freight and regulatory environments.
- An understanding of core procurement processes (e-Sourcing and category management) with experience in e-tender processes: RFI, RFP and e-auctions
- Knowledge of contract drafting and management within Britvic's legal framework.
- An ability to influence internal and external stakeholders
Britvic operates a flexible working policy
We believe we are stronger together and that's why we're committed to providing equal opportunities to all applicants and employees - in fact, this is at the heart of our company culture and values and why we are consistently recognised as a Global 'Great Place to Work'.