ARNE is a direct to consumer, apparel and footwear brand based in Wigan, UK. ARNE designs and develops its products in the UK, manufactures in Europe & far east and then ships directly to its customers, with its ARNECLO.com eCommerce store as its only sales channel.
Founded in summer 2018 ARNE has used mainly organic marketing to deliver a great brand foundation with huge potential. This is testament to the great product market fit the team at ARNE have created.
ARNE has ambitious objectives over the next decade with the team feeling all targets are achievable through new product category launches alongside the creation of paid media and CRM activity to further amplify the great product / brand assets ARNE has already created.
Reporting to ARNE's CEO and co-founder, you are a highly-analytical and commercial Finance Manager, who can oversee the company's financial planning and accounting operations. In this position, you will not only be commercially aware and provide advice on the best path of growth for the business but you'll be a qualified Chartered Accountant
- Establishing targets, developing budgets, and performing financial analysis
- Technical financial projects to deliver liaising closely with the Directors and senior leaders
- Oversee the financial strategic planning of the company by evaluating its performance and potential risks
- Perform regular financial analysis
- Develop budgets that meet the requirements of company departments
- Establish targets and manage all accounting and finance employees including management accountants and internal auditors
- Supervise all audit and internal control processes
- Prepare detailed reports on the company's financial performance
- Guarantee compliance with financial laws and guidelines
- Recognise patterns in company spending, revenue, and recommend solutions to any problem areas
- Coordinate with external financial entities on behalf of the company
- Positively impact and influence internal stakeholders and external partners
Success in 6 months looks like...
- Significantly improved visibility of the financial status of ARNE
- Monthly management account produced and ready by EoM+7 working days to feed into monthly leadership review meeting
- Robust cash flow forecast for next 6-12 months
- Improvement in cash generation through smarter buying/spending
- All major risks (and their mitigations) for ARNE identified and recorded / reviewed monthly
- A strategic thinker, who is confident with managing complicated cross-functional projects and influencing change across senior stakeholders, both internal and external.
- Analytical skills and the ability to understand and interpret data
- Awareness of current and emerging best practice within retail finance and ability to makes recommendations to the business
- Commercially minded - strong focus on business development and growth with ability to work towards metrics and targets
- Recently qualified or qualified ACCA/CIMA or equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in Financial Management ideally in the Retail or Manufacturing Industries
- Experienced at working at Board/C Suite level
- In-depth knowledge of accounting software, corporate principals, and financial analysis.
You might have...
- Direct to Consumer Retail / eCommerce background
- SQL/Querying/BI tool experience
- Global experience (USA, Europe)
- Experience in Apparel / Fashion
Successful people at ARNE...
- Comfortable with being uncomfortable and up for regular change in tactics, actions and organisation
- Used to start-up / scale-up cultures, which are super fast paced and unpredictable
- Own it and make stuff happen
- DO EXTRA
- Think like a customer everyday
- Exciting opportunities for the right candidate in a young, fast growing company with high ambitions
- State of the art office, warehouse & complex
- 21 Days holiday + Birthday Holiday