Leading quant finance search professionals, from around the world, have joined forces to form an unrivaled search consultancy - J K Barnes
We provide a complimentary service for individuals seeking their first role / next career move, either already in the quant finance industry or those wanting to join the industry.
We have an outstanding track record, having helped hundreds of candidates find their ideal role, as well as assisting businesses to flourish.
We are looking to expand our team with the addition of two junior consultants. You will be working directly with a Partner at J K Barnes, specializing in the Quantitative Finance recruiting space. You don't need prior experience in recruitment but you must have a thirst and genuine interest in the financial markets.
We will lay a solid foundation for you to be able to build your own successful desk, providing in-depth training of the markets, terminologies, and insights to get you to a high level and you will then be given autonomy to continue your success at the business. You will become familiar with JK Barnes' database and software programs and subsequently get introduced to a more technical understanding of finance across all sectors.
Ultimately the role is about identifying professionals, with niche skill sets and seeking positions that match their desires and attributes, within high-performing teams, at companies within our client base. Underlying this process, there is a huge emphasis on monitoring market movements, consulting, negotiating, networking, researching, etc and it's accompanied by many complications and well-deserved successes. To be successful in this role, you need to be resilient and have a burning desire to win and we will teach you everything else.
Key Skills Required:
· Must have a Bachelor's degree in Economics, Technology, Science, Math, Engineering, Law, or related discipline.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
· Ambition and innate drive to succeed.
· Must be able to multitask and handle high pressures with finesse.
· Extremely high attention to detail.
· Excellent time management and organizational skills.
· Strong analytical and written skills.
· Problem-solving ability.
· Resilient attitude.
· Inquisitive nature/intellectual curiosity.
· Work experience in Sales, Legal, or Finance.
· Fluent in Mandarin, Russian, Japanese, or French.