Headof The SEA LIFE TrustLocation:Poole, Dorset
Would you like to lead our famous charity inprotecting the world's oceans and the amazing animals that call them home? TheSEA LIFE Trust, partner marine conservation charity to Merlin Entertainments' SEALIFE aquariums, has provided vital funding support toconservation projects making a positive difference to marine habitat andwildlife across the world. Its mostrecent achievement has resulted in the establishment of the world's firstBeluga Whale Sanctuary on an island off the southern coast of Iceland as wellas running the Cornish Seal Sanctuary where the team of dedicated professionalsannually rescue, rehabilitate and release over 70 injured or orphaned seal pups.
We are nowseeking a dynamic and focused individual to provide oversightand strategic leadership, ensuring The SEA LIFE Trust continues to berecognised as a highly successful, well respected, and well managed globalmarine conservation charity. About the role...
Asa hands on Head of the SEA LIFE Trust
you will act as the main voice torepresent the charity's mission of ensuring our oceans are healthy and full ofmarine life as well as furthering our objectives in the development of both theCornish Seal and Beluga Whale Sanctuaries.
Workingalongside the Trust's Board, Senior Executives across both Charity and industrysectors and the Sanctuary teams in Iceland and Cornwall, the role will offerthe successful candidate a fast paced, rewarding challenge. Of key importancewill be to:
Broaden the impact of the conservation work we do, the campaigns we champion and the wider awareness of the Trust amongst its existing and future supporter base.
Lead and develop the Trust team to ensure they deliver against their business strategy and realise their individual potential and career aspirations.
Work directly with the SEA LIFE Trust Board in observing the robust governance values and principles required of our registered charity.About You...
- Significant senior level management experience, ideally in a charity but more importantly in successfully leading teams in meeting their objectives.
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills and the ability to present and negotiate at all levels including to external influencers and policy makers.
- You will have a genuine passion for marine conservation and not afraid to roll your sleeves up and get stuck in!
- You will undoubtedly be media trained and able to represent the SEA LIFE Trust across multinational media.
- Ability to develop strategic thinking and gain the support of senior board members and peers.
- Ability to prioritise, work under pressure, plan and manage tasks ensuring costs are maintained and under control.
- Able to offer some flexibility in terms of travel and working hours to ensure the necessary priorities are placed upon the
- wider operations of the Trust.
- Finally, a sense of fun and a commitment in a fast-paced environment is key.
We're growing fast and alongside a fun and friendly environment, we offer afabulous package and amazing prospects - ideal if you're already fantastic andcan quickly become even better (our magic can help here). Benefitsinclude Pension, Life Assurance, discretionary company bonus, 25 days' holidayand, of course, given we are the adopted charity of Merlin, a Merlin Magic Passwhich gives you and your friends and family free admission to all of ourattractions worldwide, as well as 25% discount in our retail shops andrestaurants and 40% discount on LEGO.Everyone Matters at THE SEA LIFE TRUST
At the SEA LIFE TRUST we welcome the world to our sanctuaries every dayand we want to reflect that same multicultural mix inside our business too. Westrive to create an inclusive and diverse workplace where people can bethemselves, have the same opportunities and thrive together. Because at the SEALIFE TRUST, everyone matters!
Together, we work to create a workplace where everyone feels valued, no mattertheir age, race, gender, disability, or sexual orientation. Although weunderstand that we'll always be learning and growing, we aim to be the mostinclusive and flexible employer in our industry.
As part of our approach, we welcome applications from peoplelooking to return to work after a long career break. We have an active Returnto Work programme, which offers training, mentoring and more, to support withthe transition back into working life. So, if you've been on a career break toraise children, to follow a spouse, or due to illness, we can support you.Click on the link below to see the type of rehabilitation and release projects led by The SEA LIFE Trust