My client is a top 12 accountancy practice. They are a firm of chartered accountants, tax and business advisers. From offices across the UK, they provide a full range of financial and business services to enterprises and individuals helping them to achieve growth and long-term success. They take the time to create great relationships with their clients to become not just their trusted advisers, but valued partners that face the future together.
They are looking for a motivated and forward-thinking Accounts Semi Senior to join their team in Maidstone. The role includes preparing statutory accounts for companies, as well as partnerships and sole traders within their growing healthcare team. You will also prepare corporation tax, draft corporation tax returns with XBRL tagged accounts for review by the tax team. There are lots of opportunities to grow your career within the firm, plus a supportive learning and development programme available.
My client prides itself on their award-winning training, genuine work life balance and clear succession paths.Qualifications and Skills
- AAT qualified or ACCA / ACA part qualified or equivalent
- Strong practical knowledge / experience of accounts preparation within a practice environment
- Strong double entry knowledge and skill
- Ideally a good working knowledge of Xero and QBO and other IT packages, although training is available
- Basic tax knowledge - how to do tax computations, PAYE and VAT
- Excellent communication skills
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Competitive salary
- Genuine work life balance
- Accredited Investor in People
- New and improved programme for succession planning and supportive management structure to help you realise your potential
- 28 days annual leave on a training contract, with the opportunity to buy up to 5 days (rising to 33 days holiday including bank holidays after qualifications completed, with the opportunity to buy or sell up to 5 days)
- Reward and recognition bonuses available, with no cap on how many you can be awarded in a year
- Onsite parking
- Car lease scheme and more!
If you are interested in this role and, if you are excited to meet & build great relationships with new clients & companies and want to thrive in a collaborative, social and supportive environment, I would love to hear from you!