Legal PA (Private Client)
Location: Altrincham, Cheshire, WA14 1HB
Salary: Salary Competitive, DOE + excellent staff benefits
Contract: Full Time, Permanent, 37 hours per week
Myerson Solicitors LLP is one of the largest independent legal practices in the North West of England. We are an award-winning law firm that boasts the very best expert lawyers within the industry.
Working with a variety of clients across a range of services and sectors within the UK and internationally, we can assure you that every day is unique at Myerson.
Legal PA - The role:
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a talented Legal PA to join our Private Client team, providing a high-quality administration service to the firm and its fee earners.
The successful candidate will have exceptional interpersonal, organisational, verbal and written communication skills and have experience of providing a high-quality administration service.
Excellent MS Office skills and the ability to carry out multiple and varied tasks simultaneously is essential.
Duties of the Legal PA include:
• Produce high quality documents and ensure files are maintained using a document management system.
• Formatting and amending documents using speech recognition technology.
• Audio typing using a digital dictation system.
• Answer phone calls and direct calls to appropriate parties or take messages.
• Use a diary management system to arrange meetings and make appointments.
• Prepare bills and ensuring up to date narratives are obtained and logged onto the system, arranging payments, dealing with expenses and handling accounts queries.
• Use a document management system to track, manage and store appropriate documentation.
• Arrange travel itineraries.
• Copy and scan, including preparation of large files.
• General administration work on behalf of fee earners and carrying out legal assistant work as required.
• Provide reception and front of house cover as required.
• Promote and comply with legislation and Myerson's policies on equal opportunities and health and safety both in the delivery of services and the treatment of others.
• Identify and undertake training and development as required to meet personal and business needs.
• Undertake any other reasonable duties, commensurate with the level of the post to ensure the smooth running of Myerson.
The successful candidates will:
• Have previous legal secretarial experience, ideally in a private client team dealing with wills, trusts and probate matters
• Have excellent interpersonal, organisational, verbal and written communication skills
• Have an ability to work to deadlines
• Have an ability to work in a team and independently
• Have strong organisational and time management skills to enable multiple and varied tasks to be carried out simultaneously
• Be literate with a strong eye for detail
• Have excellent MS Office skills (including document production in word)
• Have an ability to type and collate documents
• Have an ability to act in a confidential manner where appropriate
• Have gained previously administrative experience
• Have a flexible approach to fulfilling the duties of the post
There are excellent staff benefits such as:
• Generous annual leave
• Private healthcare
• Smart Working policy
• Subsidised gym membership
• Contributory pension scheme
• Death in service scheme
If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience to be successful in this role click on "APPLY" today, forwarding an up-to-date copy of your CV for consideration in the first instance.
No agencies please